[Illustrator CS3 13.0.0] Error loading plugins RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have sequenced the whole Adobe CS3 suite (without any updates) successfully. All the applications - except Illustrator - are run without any problems or error messages.

Only when starting Illustrator CS3 there is an error message displayed saying that approx. 70 plugins could not be loaded.

Some of them are:

• 3D.aip
    • ASLib.aip
    • Action Panel.aip
    • Align.aip
    • Alternate Glyphs.aip
    • Art Style.aip
    • ArtOnPath.aip
    • Asset Mgmt.aip
    • BrushManager.aip
    • Calligraph Brush Tool.aip

End so on...

The application has been sequenced to Q:\ADOBCS3.10 and the normal 'setup.exe' has been used, together with a deployment.xml file.  During the monitoring phase all the applications have been start up successfully. After sequencing each application has been started to determine feature block 1.

I hope someone has a suggestion helping me to solve this issue.

Sequencer: App-V 4.5

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

Monday, January 26, 2009 11:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Could it be that Illustrator loads those plugins without using proper path? If that's the case, I suggest that you either verify to what directory WORKINGDIR -element is pointing at (you can look where Illustrator's shortcut points to as working / Start in -directory when installed without virtualization) or alternatively modify/add virtualized PATH environment variable to include that plugin -directory?

br,

Kalle

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:39 PM
  • Hello Kalle,

I have done some more investigation, and I am back on track.

I modified the .osd file so that Explorer.exe is started. I opened the Q:\ - drive, browsed to the plug-ins folder and removed all the content. And I added the content from a working version. After that, I started Illustrator and no more error messages saying that one or more plugins failed to start.

Now I am rebuilding the package with the new plug-in files. I will let you know what the results are.

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could it be that Illustrator loads those plugins without using proper path? If that's the case, I suggest that you either verify to what directory WORKINGDIR -element is pointing at (you can look where Illustrator's shortcut points to as working / Start in -directory when installed without virtualization) or alternatively modify/add virtualized PATH environment variable to include that plugin -directory?

br,

Kalle

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12:39 PM
  • Hello Kalle,

That's a very good idea. I will give it a try tomorrow morning.

By the way: the plugins which failed to load, are in 3 different folders.

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:09 PM
  • Hello Kalle,

I have done some more investigation, and I am back on track.

I modified the .osd file so that Explorer.exe is started. I opened the Q:\ - drive, browsed to the plug-ins folder and removed all the content. And I added the content from a working version. After that, I started Illustrator and no more error messages saying that one or more plugins failed to start.

Now I am rebuilding the package with the new plug-in files. I will let you know what the results are.

With kind regards,

Willem-Jan

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:51 PM
  • *** SOLVED ***

I removed and added the Plug-ins directory and made the sprj and sft file again. I tested that installation and it works perfectly.

Also I made a new version (Save as -> new version)

Issue solved.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 3:07 PM