none
Import, Export DNS UCP TCP folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Together

I have to export the tcp and udp folder from an active DNS Server on a Domaincontroller in an virtual domain and import it into another DC in another virtual domain. Both domains are exactly the same.

Is there e possibility to do it without installing any tools?

Maybe a Powershell script?

I'm thankfull for every help.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 6:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Don_Olaf

>>Is there e possibility to do it without installing any tools?Maybe a Powershell script?

Based on my research, there is no direct PowerShell could achieve it from Microsoft official documents.

I have text a period time in my lab ,you could try following script:

You could right-click tcp and udp folder to export list or using the script:

Get-DnsServerResourceRecord -ZoneName contoso.local' | ?{$_.RecordType -like'*SRV*'} | Out-File 'C:\Windows\System32\dns\dsset-2012r2.contoso.local'

Import list:

Import-DnsServerResourceRecordDS  -ZoneName 'contoso.local' -DSSetFile 'C:\Windows\System32\dns\dsset-contoso.local'

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 19, 2017 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Don_Olaf

>>Is there e possibility to do it without installing any tools?Maybe a Powershell script?

Based on my research, there is no direct PowerShell could achieve it from Microsoft official documents.

I have text a period time in my lab ,you could try following script:

You could right-click tcp and udp folder to export list or using the script:

Get-DnsServerResourceRecord -ZoneName contoso.local' | ?{$_.RecordType -like'*SRV*'} | Out-File 'C:\Windows\System32\dns\dsset-2012r2.contoso.local'

Import list:

Import-DnsServerResourceRecordDS  -ZoneName 'contoso.local' -DSSetFile 'C:\Windows\System32\dns\dsset-contoso.local'

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 19, 2017 6:19 AM
  • Hi Don_Olaf

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Candy

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 8:45 AM
  • Hello Candy

It all worked out for me today, with your advice i got my whole thing to work.

thanks for your help

Greetings

Olaf

Monday, May 29, 2017 7:42 AM
  • Hi Don_Ola,

I am pleased to know that the information is helpful to you.

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

Best Regards,

Candy

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 2:18 AM