none
Empty Approval Center RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are using Project 2010 with the latest Feb/March cumulative updates.

When I open the Project Web App main page, it displays a notification saying "I am the manager of resources with 4 timesheets not sent".(Hyperlinked)

When the hyperlink is clicked, it redirects to the Approval Center page but it is always empty. I am not sure if the Approval Center has any other special function but to me it seemed logical that when I clicked the notification for the pending timesheets.

How can I see which resources need to send me these 4 pending timesheets?

Is there any special configuration necessary to display them in the Approval Center or when I click the notification?

Thank you.

Monday, April 23, 2012 7:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• If the servers in your farm are not connected to the Internet, some PWA and SharePoint Server pages may load slowly. This occurs because the SharePoint Server certificates attempt to contact Microsoft download servers to obtain the latest root chain. You can work around this issue by configuring the Certificate Path validation settings Group Policy setting on the servers in your SharePoint Server farm so that the servers do not attempt to automatically update certificates. For more information, see Project Server 2010: Slow load times of PWA and SharePoint pages (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/brismith/archive/2012/03/05/project-server-2010-slow-load-times-of-pwa-and-sharepoint-pages.aspx).

If, in the future, you connect the servers in your farm to the Internet, we recommend that you reconfigure the Certificate Path validation settings Group Policy setting on the servers in your SharePoint Server farm to automatically update certificates.

2085712698@att.net

Monday, April 23, 2012 10:29 PM
  • Well, all servers in the farm are connected to a highspeed internet link.

All the other SharePoint and PWA pages have very fast loading times. The approval center itself loads very fast.

The problem is it is never populated with any content, no matter how long we leave it open.

I just forgot to mention there is a message  on the blank page saying: "There are no approvals to be analysed at the moment", even tho the notification said there were pending timesheets.

Thank you.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 11:35 AM
  • Do you mean the message "You are the timesheet manager for resources with xx unsubmitted timesheets in periods ending prior to xx/xx/xxxx." ?

If so:

In the riboon of the Approval page, click History > Timesheets.

Click the radio button "My Resources Unsubmitted Timesheets."

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

• Marked as answer by Rick Kyle Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 12:53 PM
  • That answers it. Thanks a lot Reid.

The steps you described take to the Timesheet History page. I've used this page before but didn't know it was what's supposed to be linked to the unsubmitted timesheets notification in the main PWA page.

The way it works today is not very logical or straightforward. If I click a notification link saying I have pending timesheets and I am taken to the approval center, I believe most people would expect to see those pending timesheets right there.

Instead when you click the notification link for the unsubmitted timesheets, it does not redirect to the timesheet history page, but to an empty Approval Center page, which makes no sense to me. In my opinion it should go directly to the timesheet history page with the unsubmitted filter on, otherwise the notification "shortcut" isn't really useful.

Thank you again.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 1:49 PM