SFB and t.38 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I lost my access to my account so created new one :) - never mind

I have SIP connected directly to the mediation server, I need to forward one DID from SFB to my Fax server, do you have experience with that ? I will work or not ?

In future I am planning to add SBC so I can use it to split fax DIDs.

Thanks,

Friday, May 24, 2019 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi Bestb,

In my research, I’m afraid Fax calls are not supported through a SIP trunk in Lync.

Here are some related links you could refer to:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/f6cecd37-28ea-4d1e-8892-effefee75997/fax-t38-using-sip-trunk?forum=lyncdeploy

https://www.myskypelab.com/2013/04/microsoft-lync-facts-about-fax.html

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Monday, May 27, 2019 5:30 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:06 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 5:29 AM
  • Thanks!

So it seems I need to speed up SBC implement, and route the faxes from SBC to the fax server.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:06 AM
    Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:21 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Shaw_Lu Friday, May 31, 2019 9:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:32 AM
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 10:01 AM