Migration sbs 2008 to sbs 2011 (exchange 2007 and exchange 2010 issue) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I just migrated sbs 2008 to sbs 2011 and all mailbox is already move/point to the new server sbs 2011 also self signed certificates also move to new server exchange 2010 but when I try to remove the old server sbs 2008 on the server the clients ms outlook cannot find/locate the exchange mail server. Any idea what should I check. On the exchange server console I notice that there is 16 certificates installed after I move the certificates from exchange 2007 server to exchange 2011 server.
    Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:34 AM

Answers

• You might want to post this in the SBS Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/smallbusinessserver/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:39 AM
  • On Sun, 19 May 2013 06:34:33 +0000, edwardyarcia wrote:

>Hi, I just migrated sbs 2008 to sbs 2011 and all mailbox is already move/point to the new server sbs 2011 also self signed certificates also move to new server exchange 2010 but when I try to remove the old server sbs 2008 on the server the clients ms outlook cannot find/locate the exchange mail server. Any idea what should I check. On the exchange server console I notice that there is 16 certificates installed after I move the certificates from exchange 2007 server to exchange 2011 server.

Are both servers in the same AD forest?

Certificates aren't your problem. If you have only one AD forest the
    clients may be connecting to an old public folder server.

If your check the client's Outlook profiles, are they using the new
    server's name? If not then perhaps you haven't updated your DNS for
    autodiscover?

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:30 PM

All replies

• You might want to post this in the SBS Forum:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/smallbusinessserver/threads

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:39 AM
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks but its only the exchange that having issue after the migration anyway I try to post to SBS forum as well.

Sunday, May 19, 2013 8:31 AM
  • On Sun, 19 May 2013 06:34:33 +0000, edwardyarcia wrote:

>Hi, I just migrated sbs 2008 to sbs 2011 and all mailbox is already move/point to the new server sbs 2011 also self signed certificates also move to new server exchange 2010 but when I try to remove the old server sbs 2008 on the server the clients ms outlook cannot find/locate the exchange mail server. Any idea what should I check. On the exchange server console I notice that there is 16 certificates installed after I move the certificates from exchange 2007 server to exchange 2011 server.

Are both servers in the same AD forest?

Certificates aren't your problem. If you have only one AD forest the
    clients may be connecting to an old public folder server.

If your check the client's Outlook profiles, are they using the new
    server's name? If not then perhaps you haven't updated your DNS for
    autodiscover?

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Sunday, May 19, 2013 6:30 PM