AppV 5: RDS clinet and machine based assignments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a full AppV 5 infrastructure setup, I am using it to deploy applications to Win 7 clinets and XenApp servers. All working good, adding users to AD groups for applications and then publishing the application to the AD group. The problem is I had intended to assign the application to machines for XenApp but the RDS client does not get the applications when add the machine to the application AD group (works fine if I log on to the server as a user that is a member of the AD group).

I found this thread from a while ago based on AppV 4.6 which says the RDS client does not support machine assignments!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/mdopappv/thread/994e5225-f09e-411a-bde2-2a2ae6b42edc/

I must be missing something, why would you install an application on a server per user?, I want to install the application on the server and make it available for Citrix to publish to users, not just make it available for the user that is logged on to the server.

So, can anyone confirm or deny that the AppV 5 RDS client does support per machine assignments?

Thanks

Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:49 PM

Answers

All replies

• Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:51 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I still don't think the RDS client supports computer based assignments, I have tested four scenarios and the only one that fails is the RDS client with computer assignment, I tried the following:

- Using desktop client assigned application to user group...Success

- Using desktop clinet assigned application to computer group...success

-Using RDS client assigned application to user group...success

-Using RDS client assigned application to computer group ...failed

So I am fairly confident the problem is not with my computer group, or my package. The only anomoly I can find is in the the event viewer, the publishing refresh event says the following:

Publishing Refresh Stopped.

URL:http://myserver:1234

Global: false

Return code: 0x59702C07 - 0xD

If I check the registry or the package using powershell both show the global values as 'true' so am not sure what that global is referring to in th event viever. I saw in the blog entry above that changing the global values may need a reboot and the old values could stick on previously published packages. I changed values, rebooted, published a brand new application.

Has anyone actually managed to assign an application to a computer running the Appv 5 RDS clinet using full infrastructure?

Thanks

Friday, April 26, 2013 10:27 AM
  • Hello,

The above error does not relate to a global-publishing refresh (says; Global: false)

Perhaps you can share whatyou have done to set this up?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, April 26, 2013 11:13 AM