VPN interface metrich modify RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all!

We are using ikev2 VPN, and our dns resolving are not working. The clients getting their vpn set up with via cmak installer. I need to find a way to modify the installer, to lower the vpn connection interface metric or add some high random number to the ethernet interface metric property. 

Thank you

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

CMAK can be used to configure specific routes as part of the Connection Manager (CM) profile which is distributed to VPN clients. You can update the metric of the routing.

Please refer to the link below:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rrasblog/2007/06/11/how-to-configure-split-tunnelling-on-vpn-clients-using-cmak/  

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:50 AM
  • Hi Travis,

Thanks for the article, i did not find it before. I read it and i am not fully understand it, in which step should i update the metric of the routing. Frist i thought at the end (after 12 next) the title says (i try to translate) "Add unique actions". Here you can select action type selected after connection and gave a bat file with:

"Set-NetIPInterface -interfacealias "orgname-TEST" -InterfaceMetric 5"

Not working. So i read again, and (after 10 next) i found the "routing table updates" section. Here as the article descibed i gave a txt file with: 

"ADD 192.168.1.0 MASK 255.255.255.0 default METRIC 5 IF orgname-TEST".

Okay, trying to connect to vpn, but instantly i get a warning messeage like:"cmroute.dll - this unique script needs amin access else it won't run" - i gave it, but it still not working, and the users do not have admin access on their pcs, so this is not a real option.

Thursday, August 16, 2018 11:37 AM
  • Hi,

I am sorry that this issue still hasn't been resolved.

If there is no progress, I would suggest you contact Microsoft Customer Services and Support to get an efficient solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ln=en-au

Have a nice day!

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, August 20, 2018 7:04 AM