none
ADMA failed-search timeout 0x55 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Run running a full import I'm getting a failed-search error with timeout 0x55 for the error information. There is nothing in the event logs nor import log when I enable it. I've tried playing with page/batch size and doubling/tripling/quadrupling the timeout with nothing seeming to help.

    What other debugging tricks can I use to possibly find out what is going on?

    Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:31 PM

Answers

  • I tracked this down to a corrupt ntds.dit file on the domain controller it was trying to use for the import; used ntdsutil to repair (compact/integrity/semantic database analysis/recover/semantic database analysis) the corruption and then FIM was able to perform a full import without problem from Active Directory.
    • Marked as answer by Adam Weigert Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:00 PM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:00 PM

All replies

  • Hi!

    I got this today after adding some more object types and attributes to AD MA.

    Tried Full Import 3-4 times and got it.

    Restarted FIM Sync Service and problem gone.

    /Robert

    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:39 PM
  • I tracked this down to a corrupt ntds.dit file on the domain controller it was trying to use for the import; used ntdsutil to repair (compact/integrity/semantic database analysis/recover/semantic database analysis) the corruption and then FIM was able to perform a full import without problem from Active Directory.
    • Marked as answer by Adam Weigert Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:00 PM
    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:00 PM