Creation of folder with permission RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm newbies, And I need your help to understand how I can used Sharepoint 3.0 for the creation of some folder in automatic  with different permission.

The result I want is :

- Folder1 with parent permission

- "Current" -> Subfolder1 with parent permission

- "in Test" -> Subfolder2 with parent permission exept visitor group

- Folder2 with parent permission

- Folder3 with parent permission

..... And I have 1000 folders like this to create.

I have create the folder in my sharepoint but my problem is for the permission, I don't understand how I can modify it in automatic in all Subfolder2. (for the creation it's simply because I have create the folder with files in them in my PC, so I have just copy it)

Can someone help me, to modify the permission in all "in Test" subfolders of all folders in automatic?

Friday, May 2, 2008 7:48 AM

All replies

•  

Nobody can help me?
    Monday, May 5, 2008 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

I've had a look at this as well for HR purposes where we are doing the following

• folder 1
      • Viewed by HR, User and User Manager
      • Subfolder
        • viewed by HR & user

The solution I have set for this is the following:

• folder 1
      • Permission set to above
      • Subfolder (call this for example 'personal information') - set permission to the subfolder requirements
        • put all folders relating to personal information within this and it will automatically set to it's parent folder (which is Personal Information

OK again this is not the neatest way of doing this but then you are only ceating the permissions on 1 folder instead of a number.

As you can see as we were looking at this for HR we wanted to be able to allow the HR manager to upload files without compromising the information.

We are ISO 27001 accreditated so we look into the most secure ways of uploading documents.

Hope this helps

Thursday, May 8, 2008 2:23 PM