NTFS permissions RRS feed

• Question

• I wish to create a shared folder for archive records. All users should be able to place files and/or folders in the archive area and then be able to read/copy them to their own storage but should not be able to modify or delete files that have been placed in the archive area. I have tried various permission settings but have not been able to achieve this. Either I can retrieve the files or folders and also modify and delete them or I cannot access them at all. I have checked the other related topics but have not been able to get a solution. Can you help please? In the meantime I will continue trying to resolve and will update if successful. Thanks, Ed.

Monday, June 10, 2013 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If users could place files to the folder, users will have Write permission. Then they will also have permission to modify. So I'm afraid there is no solution of the requirement.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If users could place files to the folder, users will have Write permission. Then they will also have permission to modify. So I'm afraid there is no solution of the requirement.

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:17 AM
  • Thanks, I have finally a solution to the requirement using other methods.
    Tuesday, July 2, 2013 9:29 AM