none
Synchronising Plans on MSPServer 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I've 'inherited' a collection of linked plans all saved/published on MSPS2010, I access via PWA and/or MSP Client.  My question is:  Do I need to carry our any manual/semi-manual synchronisation of these linked plans?

If I open a plan, I am usually presented with a 'Links Between Projects In *******'  dialogue box, showing all the other plans and their links, do I need to 'accept' these links?  what happens if I just close the dialogue box?  Are the links updated as the plan opens?  Do I have to go through a ritual opening of all linked plans before I can be confident that all updates by the plan owners are correctly reflected in to 'my' plan?  Can I prevent this dialogue box from appearing at all?

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 2:52 PM

All replies

• EssArrEmm --

To make sure that the dates are correct in every project, you will need to open each of your projects after you receive and accept task updates from your team members.  To update the links between your projects, yes, you should accept the changes shown in the Links Between Projects dialog.  If you close the dialog without accepting changes, then the links are not updated.

To prevent the dialog from opening at all and to enforce that the links are always updated automatically whenever you open a project, you will need to perform the following steps in each of your projects:

1. Open a project.
    2. Click File > Options.
    3. Select the Advanced tab and then scroll down to the bottom of the Advanced page of the dialog.
    4. Deselect the Show Links Between Projects Dialog on Open checkbox.
    5. Select the Automatically Accept New External Data checkbox.
    6. Click the OK button.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Jalal blali Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:09 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 4:14 PM