Office Home & Student 2013 Purchase RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased an Office Home & Student 2013 at Best Buy. When trying to load it unto my new computer, I kept getting the message that the registration # was invalid.  I now think what I was seeing was a pop-up.  The short version is I--against all warning bells going off in my head--allowed someone named Stephen, who said he was a Microsoft tech take control of my computer.  He said I had a Trojan virus and I paid Capstone Technologies $399.00 to "clean up " my computer and install Microsoft Office.  Of course, I did not receive anything in turn and my Office subscription was not registered although it was installed.  I have since had someone cleanup my computer.  How do I register my Office Home & Student 2013?

Wisernow

• Moved by Olaf Engelke Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:34 AM Not a Windows Home Server topic
    Saturday, September 26, 2015 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi Wisernow,

Regarding of the issue, please provide us more information to assist you better.

• How did you install the Office 2013? From DVD media or download from internet?
    • Which whole error message was pop-up when you installed Office?

According to your description, your pc is poisoning. Have you try to scan the pc via anti-virus software? Then, please follow this article to do general troubleshooting about Office installation failed:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Troubleshoot-installing-Office-and-Office-365-35ff2def-e0b2-4dac-9784-4cf212c1f6c2?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

If still can't install Office 2013. Since this pc is new, if you do not have important files/programs, I recommend you try to do PC factory restore and then re-install Office.

I hope the above information helps. Reply with the result and I’ll be glad to further assist you.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by George123345 Wednesday, October 7, 2015 7:51 AM
    • Marked as answer by George123345 Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:24 AM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:16 AM