No any of clients show in WSUS console even a single computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

As i have configured a WSUS server in my lab environment. There are 2 DCs and two exchange servers and some windows 10 client computer in my setup. All are virtual machines. 

All the required policies are configured properly and and intranet servers is also defined with port 8530.  i have checked on all clients, policies are reflecting properly and registry settings are also fine.

But no any client\ server machine is showing in WSUS console.

I've read multiple articles but all in vain.

please suggest me a solution

Thanks in advance.

Friday, October 18, 2019 8:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, it seems that some basic checks have been performed. I recommend continuing to follow up on the following aspects:

1. On the WSUS server, open the WSUS console's server home page. Usually if the server does not properly enable some system services, there will be a hint here:

2. On the WSUS client, make sure they can access the following sites through a web browser:
      > http://WSUSserverFQDN:8530/selfupdate/iuident.cab
      Under normal circumstances you will receive a file download prompt.
      Otherwise, it can be considered that the connection between the client and the server is blocked.

3. If the client is deployed through a cloned system image, it may cause duplicate ClientID problems. Please perform the following commands on the affected client to reset:

net stop bits
      net stop wuauserv
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
      reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientIDValidation /f
      rd /s /q "C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution"
      net start bits
      net start wuauserv
      usoclient.exe startscan

Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

for 2nd option i had dial the above mentioned url and downloaded a file that's mean there is no any issue in connection and for 3rd option i did not deploy a client through cloned image.

Friday, October 18, 2019 9:47 AM
  • Hi,

Please refer to some of the ideas provided in this article for troubleshooting: "Windows Client(s) not 'appearing' in WSUS”.

* Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,
    Yic

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hi,

Any update is welcome here.
    If the issue is resolved, share your solution or find the helpful response "Mark as Answer" to help other community members find the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation, as always.

Regards,
    Yic

Friday, October 25, 2019 8:26 AM