none
Is it possible to use multiple layers of anti-spam filtering Exchange 2013?

Question

• Hello.

I have an on-premise Exchange 2013 (all roles on the one server) used in conjunction with McAfee's cloud based email protection (anti-spam and anti-malware) product. All mail goes to McAfee in the cloud and then is cleaned and delivered on premise.

My question is, would there be any harm in also enabling the anti-spam features on the Exchange server itself?

The reason we are considering this is because we would like to utilize some of the Sender Filtering available on Exchange anti-spam, which is not an option on McAfee.

Specifically the ability to filter SMTP FROM values.

Any feedback or help would be very appreciated.

Thank-you

Fred Weymouth

Monday, October 12, 2015 7:51 PM

Answers

• Hello.

I have an on-premise Exchange 2013 (all roles on the one server) used in conjunction with McAfee's cloud based email protection (anti-spam and anti-malware) product. All mail goes to McAfee in the cloud and then is cleaned and delivered on premise.

My question is, would there be any harm in also enabling the anti-spam features on the Exchange server itself?

The reason we are considering this is because we would like to utilize some of the Sender Filtering available on Exchange anti-spam, which is not an option on McAfee.

Thank-you

Fred Weymouth

Nope.  I personally think it's always a great idea to have more than one solution checking Spam and AV.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by fredweymouth Tuesday, October 13, 2015 5:54 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 8:14 PM

All replies

• Hello.

Thank-you

Fred Weymouth

Nope.  I personally think it's always a great idea to have more than one solution checking Spam and AV.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

• Marked as answer by fredweymouth Tuesday, October 13, 2015 5:54 PM
    Monday, October 12, 2015 8:14 PM
  • If McAfee cant do that, it may be time to find another product.

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, October 12, 2015 8:46 PM