none
Multiple time lines at one time with Project RRS feed

• Question

• If we have multiple projects we are working on with Microsoft Project Standard 2010, can we veiw the time line for multiple projects at one time?  Let's say I have 5 projects going on right now and I want to see the status of all on one screen, can I do that?  Thank you in advance.
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:55 PM

All replies

• have your 5 project files open.

start a new file called "all my projects"

then... project, sub project, and insert your projects one by one.

• Proposed as answer by ARaja Friday, November 30, 2012 11:14 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 12:29 AM
  • Yes, if you include all the projects in a single master project. This can be a temporary project. You would need to insert each project into the same blank new project and then select the project summary tasks for adding to the timeline.
    • Proposed as answer by ARaja Friday, November 30, 2012 11:14 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 1:07 AM
  • When inserting, clear the Linked option. This copies all data to teh new master and consolidates resource information for reporting purposes. If you leave the link option on the files are linked and you get into a world of hurt unless you are very, very careful because of file corruption.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book

Rod Gill Project Management

• Proposed as answer by ARaja Friday, November 30, 2012 11:15 AM
    Friday, November 30, 2012 4:18 AM
  • When you say "Time Line", do you mean just generally the project timeline as it is represented in the gantt view, or do you mean the new functionality introduced in 2010 of the same name, which gives you a colourful cartoon style gantt chart at the top of the schedule?

If the former, then the previous responses will sort you out, but the latter isn't so easy. 

Friday, November 30, 2012 9:31 AM
  • I'm referring to the standard gantt view.  Thank you.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 7:48 PM
  • Thank you all so much, very helpful.
    Monday, December 3, 2012 7:49 PM
  • My suggestion in that it takes very little to make the timeline in Project look cluttered since only one can display at a time is to export ti Visio.  You can have as many timelines as you want and can choose a scale that is easy to follow when presenting.

RM Kunhardt

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:22 PM