Pin to taskbar broken RRS feed

• Question

• This happened in the beta. I clean installed RC and it has happened again.
    I really hate windows explorer default library view. This is not how I organize my computer. So I have used info posted here  that appends a string  to the shortcut target line.

/e,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

This would not work when applied to the taskbar icon but would work when used on desktop or start menu windows explorer lnks. However after rebooting my system windows explorer no longer appears in the taskbar. When I navigate to explorer in c:\windows and right click on it "unpin from taskbar" shows as an option....even though the icon does not appear on the taskbar. So I clicked "unpin from task bar" and then right clicked again... Now "pin to taskbar" appears. Clicking on that explorer still does not appear on the taskbar.

In fact I can no longer pin any programs to my taskbar. The option appears as a right click item... But it has no effect.

Any ideas of how to get windows explorer back to my taskbar? 
    I'll even accept the library view if I have to and just live with the couple of extra clicks to get to computer view.
    Monday, May 4, 2009 6:26 PM

Answers

• I found that because I got rid of the shortcut arrows on my desktop icons by editing "IsShortcut" in the registry, I could no longer pin items to the taskbar. The Pin to Taskbar would not appear when right clicking nor could I drag items to the taskbar.
    If you have deleted the "IsShortcut" string, you can put it back by going to:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile
    Right Click and select New, String Value and name it IsShortcut
    I hope this helps!
    After you've pinned what you want, you can again edit the "IsShortcut" to get rid of those unsightly arrows.
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Monday, June 8, 2009 5:01 PM
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 3:56 PM

All replies

• I found that because I got rid of the shortcut arrows on my desktop icons by editing "IsShortcut" in the registry, I could no longer pin items to the taskbar. The Pin to Taskbar would not appear when right clicking nor could I drag items to the taskbar.
    If you have deleted the "IsShortcut" string, you can put it back by going to:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile
    Right Click and select New, String Value and name it IsShortcut
    I hope this helps!
    After you've pinned what you want, you can again edit the "IsShortcut" to get rid of those unsightly arrows.
    • Marked as answer by Nick FV Monday, June 8, 2009 5:01 PM
    Sunday, May 10, 2009 3:56 PM
  • I don't know what the last admin did to this Win 7 x64 install, but he has broken pin to taskbar utterly!  I tried your fix and still nothing.  No arrows were removed.  The only thing that I did do is uninstall Window Blinds software.  What a mess!  If anyone has encountered this and found a solution, I'd love to hear it!

Thank you!

Larry

Thursday, May 15, 2014 9:33 PM