none
File History, standard folders presentation RRS feed

• Question

• One can observe here following behaviour. If to open Properties window, tab Version History of a folder of certain function assigned to by Windows (e.g. Music, or Documents, or Downloads, etc...) but covered-by-File-History-backups one and if to look onto versions listed versions are presented in two different manners.

Note: Normally all such folders with a function assigned to by Windows are presented in File Explorer using special but remarkable icons, icons enabling to distinguish fast folders' functions.

However there in folder's Properties window, Version History tab some versions are presented using plain-folder icon, the others are presented using folder's functional icon.

How to understand this type of version indication?

Sunday, February 4, 2018 12:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Anuusia,

I think it's hard for us to understand this mechanism as encryption algorithm using Windows Hello. It could be designed by the developer. When we use file history to back up our file, it will be displayed as default folder icon.

Also when we try to restore file, we could check them with different window.

I consider that we could only to do is change the icon.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 5, 2018 12:03 PM
  • I kindly ask you to stay in mentioned/shown location (folder's Properties window, Version History tab) while discussing issue addressed here. Otherwise your attempt to answer miss question asked.
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 10:14 PM
  • Hi Anuusia,

Thank you for your update.

I'm sorry I misunderstood you.

Can you give me a few screenshots to help me understand the problem better?

If you couldn’t post it in your reply, you could upload it to a file sharing service like Onedrive. Then put a link to them in your reply.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:01 AM