Site Recovery - SQL Version Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am trying to recover my SCCM Primary Site from a SQL Database backup.

OS is Server 2012R2, and SQL Version is SQL 2012 R2 with CU3 (same config as my old installation). DB has been imported using SQL Management Studio, and I can see the tables/data etc.

I'm at the Config Manager setup stage, and am following the steps to recover the site from a Manually restored DB. When I get to the "Database Information" page where I specify the DB to use, I get the error "Configuration Manager requires Microsoft SQL 2012 with CU2 or higher. You must upgrade SQL Server before installing Configuration Manager".

A few bits of info:

- Have checked the SQL version, and it is at 11.0.3349.0, which corresponds to SP1 with CU3

- Correct Ports are open on the firewall

- Have even tried to upgrade SQL to 2012 R2 with SP2, same problem.

- Server has been wiped and started from scratch

- Server has same name as previous server

Any ideas where I should go from here, apart from starting from scratch again with blank DB and redeploy new clients and set everything up again?

Thanks

Friday, April 24, 2015 1:03 PM

All replies

• Is this a co-located instance of SQL Server?

Does the account you are running the recovery with have local admin rights on the system hosting the SQL instance as well as sysadmin rights within the SQL instance (those are two different requirements)?

What version of ConfigMgr are you using?

Note that there is no such thing as SQL Server 2012 R2.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Friday, April 24, 2015 1:53 PM
  • Hi Jason

no, this is a standalone SQL instance.

The account is both Local Admin on the Server and also has the sysadmin role on the instance. Have also tried with different user account that also has same permissions/roles - same issue.

Sorry for typo - that should have read ConfigMgr 2012 R2. SQL version is 2012 with SP1.

• Edited by Marooner Friday, April 24, 2015 2:10 PM
    Friday, April 24, 2015 2:10 PM
  • Have you checked the log file?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Proposed as answer by Joyce L Wednesday, May 6, 2015 9:36 AM
    Monday, April 27, 2015 6:43 PM