none
Unable to Attach DPM2012 Agent RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to attach a DPM 2012 (SP1) agent on a Windows Server 2008 Web edition 32 Bit. I used manual installation as described in MS KB's and this worked for many Servers of the exact same configuration/type/domain etc but I have a problem with a particular one. I'm going through usual steps, using a Domain Admin as username/password. When trying to attach the agent, I get an error like this:

Agent Operation Failed (ID 370)

DPM is unable to retrieve the configuration information from <servername>  (ID 346)

Ensure that the WMI service is started (which is started). If the firewall is turned on, on <servername> make sure an exception for WMI is created. (Firewall is off) 

Any ideas? I'm completely clueless here. 

Thanks,

Baybars

• Edited by mbaybarsk Friday, March 15, 2013 10:39 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From an administrative command prompt on the DPM Server, see if this command works to query the protected server wmi information.

wmic /node:protectedservername OS list brief

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:07 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply, it does respond to that command exactly same way as another server that is working fine with DPM. The SN is different of course. 

Anything else you can think of? 

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:10 AM
  • Hi,

You can make some other checks based on this agent troubleshooting blog:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2012/02/06/data-protection-manager-agent-network-troubleshooting.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:07 PM