Evernote to onenote RRS feed

• Question

• guys -just used importer to import all my notes. In evernote, I used 60 notebooks, one for each customer but not sure if that system will work with onenote. When I'm viewing a page, it shows me the sections bar but the notebook bar is hidden. Is it possible to always have the notebook bar available?

Also wondering if it's sensible to consolidate all notebooks into one notebook called Customers and then each customer is its own section. Each section would probably have 5-20 pages depending on activity at the customer

Thanks

Friday, August 11, 2017 1:28 AM

All replies

• Anybody?
    Friday, August 11, 2017 12:53 PM
  • Hi,

Which version of OneNote are you using? Are you using the OneNote desktop app which comes with Office or the OneNote app comes with Windows 10?

If you are using the OneNote desktop app, you can click the "Pin Notebook Pane to Side" icon to pin all notebooks in the left side pane.

If you are using the OneNote Windows app, you can right click in the left side pane, select Navigation Panes, then select Show All.

>>Also wondering if it's sensible to consolidate all notebooks into one notebook called Customers and then each customer is its own section. Each section would probably have 5-20 pages depending on activity at the customer

Regarding this, it's not recommended to consolidate all notebooks into one if it's not required to do this. If the worst happens, the notebook become corrupted and you cannot restore it from the backup, it will be difficult to restore all your data. If you leave your data in different notebooks, this will reduce the risk.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, August 18, 2017 9:54 AM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 8:52 AM
  • Hi,                                                                                     

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 1, 2017 9:51 AM