none
Resource can not be deleted from pwa site2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am facing a problem in EPM 2010.Actually i wanna delete some user's (Project managers) from my pwa site who has published some project plans and now all they have left the organization.So i want to delete these user's from pwa site because they are not now the employee's of the organization.

But when i delete these user's from pwa site,it shows me error that particular user can not be deleted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

• Edited by Vivaan Thursday, September 5, 2013 6:37 AM
    Friday, August 23, 2013 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Ensure these users are no longer Project Owners, Status Managers, have assigments etc. Rather than deleting, you might be better to make the resource inactive for historical reporting. Even when making inactive i'd recommend ensuring the resources / users are not Project Owners, Status Managers or have incomplete assignments etc.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, August 23, 2013 8:15 AM
  • Thanks Paul for reply,

Yes, actually these users are the project owners and now these users has left the organization.So we need that they would be delete from pwa site.But i can not be delete them because these are the project manager(Project owners).

So how can i delete them from pwa.

Thanks.

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:00 PM
  • If you really want to delete them, update those projects to change the Project Owner to the new owner.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Hi, Paul

I have lots of project plans so is any other solution is available to complete this scenario with out changing the project owner to the new owner.

Thanks

• Edited by Vivaan Monday, August 26, 2013 6:39 AM
    Monday, August 26, 2013 6:03 AM
  • I agree with Paul's recommendations, first you need to change the project ownership, for large number of projects , I think you could achieve this with the help of PSI

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, August 26, 2013 1:52 PM