none
Subcalendar disappeared.. Need it back!

Question

• Help! We use Outlook 2010 at work, and I use a subcalendar (created a second calendar) for myself to book certain meetings from. A few weeks ago I was cleaning other people's calendars that I had built up and must have accidently deleted my second calendar. Since this was my personal calendar, not in our company's global phonebook, our IT team isn't able to recover it. But I have meetings (that are still scheduled) on this calendar and NEED IT!  Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 09, 2017 5:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Ellie,

>> A few weeks ago I was cleaning other people's calendars that I had built up and must have accidently deleted my second calendar.

Does this calendar belong to an Exchange account?

Please first have a to look at the Deleted Items folder and see if it's still there. To see the calendar folder in deleted items, please press Ctrl + 6 to switch to the Folder List Navigation:

Generally, your admin may have set up a policy to delete items from your Deleted Items folder after a certain number of days. As it has been "a few weeks" since you accidentally deleted it, it is likely that the calendar folder has been removed. If you can't find it there, the next place to check is the Recoverable Items folder, which you can access by using the Recover Deleted Items tool:

All items in the Recoverable Items folder are represented by the same icon, which looks like an envelope. To help you find the specific item in the Recover Deleted Items window, please click the Subject, Deleted On or From column header to sort items by that column. If you find the subcalendar, please select the item, click Restore Selected Items, and then click OK. After that, you can restore the calendar from the Deleted Items folder.

Please be aware that your admin may have specified how long items in the Recoverable Items folder are available for recovery. If you can't find an item in the Recoverable Items folder, try to ask your admin if they can recover it. You can point your admin to this topic, which has the step-by-step instructions: 

Recover deleted items in a user's mailbox - Admin Help.

If you or your admin can't find an item in the Recoverable Items folder, I am afraid it's probably been permanently deleted from your mailbox and can't be recovered.

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi Ellie,

>> A few weeks ago I was cleaning other people's calendars that I had built up and must have accidently deleted my second calendar.

Does this calendar belong to an Exchange account?

Please first have a to look at the Deleted Items folder and see if it's still there. To see the calendar folder in deleted items, please press Ctrl + 6 to switch to the Folder List Navigation:

Generally, your admin may have set up a policy to delete items from your Deleted Items folder after a certain number of days. As it has been "a few weeks" since you accidentally deleted it, it is likely that the calendar folder has been removed. If you can't find it there, the next place to check is the Recoverable Items folder, which you can access by using the Recover Deleted Items tool:

All items in the Recoverable Items folder are represented by the same icon, which looks like an envelope. To help you find the specific item in the Recover Deleted Items window, please click the Subject, Deleted On or From column header to sort items by that column. If you find the subcalendar, please select the item, click Restore Selected Items, and then click OK. After that, you can restore the calendar from the Deleted Items folder.

Please be aware that your admin may have specified how long items in the Recoverable Items folder are available for recovery. If you can't find an item in the Recoverable Items folder, try to ask your admin if they can recover it. You can point your admin to this topic, which has the step-by-step instructions: 

Recover deleted items in a user's mailbox - Admin Help.

If you or your admin can't find an item in the Recoverable Items folder, I am afraid it's probably been permanently deleted from your mailbox and can't be recovered.

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 5:57 AM
  • To recover deleted Calendar or other MS Outlook items, Shoviv Outlook Recovery software is the best utility. It is not only recovery deleted Items but also helps to recover corrupted Outlook mails without missing any single Information. Outlook Recovery software supports all Outlook edition like 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and older versions. 

Read More: https://shovivsoftware.wordpress.com/outlook-pst-repair/

Friday, November 10, 2017 10:09 AM
  • OH this did it!!!!  I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!!! THANK YOU!
    Friday, November 10, 2017 2:27 PM
  • Hi Ellie,

Great to see that the issue has been fixed! 

By the way, could you please help mark the helpful reply above as answer so that others who might have a similar situation can more easily find the useful information? 

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Saturday, November 11, 2017 4:13 AM