Crashes when caption is added RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am having a real issue with captioning in my Word for Mac 2011.

Every time I add a caption, the minute I click ok after entering my caption, it crashes and asks me to send the error report and reopen word. 

It will then allow me to add the caption on reopening, but then crash again when I try and add a second.

Any ideas to why this is happening? I can't remember a time where it hasn't done this but I can't see anyone else having the same problem?

Cheers,

Alice

Sunday, December 21, 2014 2:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I noticed you are using Word for Mac 2011, please note we support Office for Windows in the current forum, since your problem is related to Office for Mac, Office for Mac forum is the appropriate place for you:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Monday, December 22, 2014 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed you are using Word for Mac 2011, please note we support Office for Windows in the current forum, since your problem is related to Office for Mac, Office for Mac forum is the appropriate place for you:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Monday, December 22, 2014 2:01 AM
  • You should repost in the Word for Mac forum at the Microsoft Community. Be sure to clarify, in your post, if the problem occurs with a particular document, only, or if you can reproduce it in any document.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:18 PM