Item lever restore DPM 2012 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We had recently installed a new DPM 2012 r2 server (formelly used Backup Exec).

We have installed protection agents on all hyper-v hosts and the backups seems to running.

The problem is when trying to do a restore. It doesnt matter on which folder i try to do a item level recovery i only receive the option to "copy to network folder". I don't have the option to select individuell files only the .vhdx.

What have I missed in the config of the DPM server?

Regards

Roger

Monday, September 8, 2014 1:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

what Michael was saying is that you should try double clicking the VHDX file BEFORE the wizard Pops up...

Furthermore ILR wouldn't be supported when DeDuplication is activated within the VM.

regards

/bkpfast

My postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights

• Marked as answer by vasatea Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:42 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

if you would like to do a Item Level Recovery for Files inside the VHD/VHDX you just Need to double click the VHD/VHDX on the Restore Tab, DPM is mounting the VHD/VHDX in the Background and will show you the files inside VHD/VHDX

Some more Information can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh757981.aspx

Seidl Michael | http://www.techguy.at | twitter.com/techguyat | facebook.com/techguyat

Monday, September 8, 2014 2:06 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the answer, but I'm not quite sure I get this option. This are the options I can choose from when doing a recover.

Then I have to choose a server where there i protection agent installed and restore the vhdx file to that server. Is this the correct way? I don't want to restore the entire vhdx to a folder located on the server with the protection agent installed.

Regards

Roger

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 7:27 AM
  • Hi,

what Michael was saying is that you should try double clicking the VHDX file BEFORE the wizard Pops up...

Furthermore ILR wouldn't be supported when DeDuplication is activated within the VM.

regards

/bkpfast

My postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confer no rights

• Marked as answer by vasatea Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:42 AM
    Wednesday, September 10, 2014 12:13 PM
  • Friday, September 12, 2014 3:27 PM
  • I partially solved the problem.

I managed to to do ILR on appr 70% of the server.

I still get the following message when i double click on the vhdx file on 30% of the servers:

• Edited by vasatea Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:47 AM
    Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:46 AM
  • Any more ideas what may be causing this problem?

Regards

Roger

Friday, September 19, 2014 6:08 AM