Why did my cordless mouse stop working?? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a HP notebook and have been using a Logitech cordless mouse, has brand new batteries- light shows it is active and does not work. I looked in my control panel and checked and it says it is working properly?? I restarted pc and does not work at all?? WHAT CAN I DO?? It is currently like 97 degrees outside and my pc has been slow but this shouldnt effect the wireless mouse- should it?? ANY SUGGESTIONS I GREATLY APPRECIATE. I play alot of games online and it is impossible without my mouse- please help- please respond if able to my email at; 77mag77@gmail.com- thank you. 
    Thursday, July 5, 2012 1:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you download and install the latest driver for Windows 7 to check the result.

For your reference, Logitech website:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/home

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:05 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you download and install the latest driver for Windows 7 to check the result.

For your reference, Logitech website:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/home

Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, July 18, 2012 8:05 AM
    Friday, July 6, 2012 9:18 AM
  • detach the usb or ps2 mouse if u have then go to device manager (use keyboard) ... and uninstall all the usb or any other mice that has been installed previously, then uninstall the usb receiver for logitech in the usb section of the device manager, and after all restart ur computer

Saturday, July 7, 2012 8:41 AM