MDT 2012 - Office 2010 - more then one instance of the same language pack ??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

when you add Office to the MDT a new tab called "office products" appears in the properties of the Office application. In that tab it's possible to add language packs. Now I did make the mistake of adding the same language pack three times. So when the MDT starts the installation of Office, it presents me with an overview of the installable products and yes it contains three instances of the same language pack. Can you tell me how I can delete two of them? Thanks !

Paul

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 12:40 PM

Answers

• Paul,

The quickest way would be to delete and import the application again. I suspect the language packs are integrated in the original Office 2010 folder residing in the MDT deploymentshare under .\DeploymentShare\Applications\Microsoft Office 2010.

Unraveling this folder would cost you more time then delete and import it again. Myself I've never used the functions within MDT regarding applications with additional features such as Office 2010. I rely on the config.xml or MSP file for Office installations.

Cheers! Rens

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

• Marked as answer by KZen Muug Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:57 PM
    Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:42 PM