none
Can't remove Exchange 2003 Can't connect to Master Schema RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I am attempting to Remove Exchange 2003 as we are Upgrading and Moving to Exchange 2007. We have a Exchange 2003 Server installed on a Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise Server. We also have a Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterpise DC which is jour Main DC in the Network.

When I attempt to set the remove action i get the following error.

Error is below:

The compoent "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because
    - Setup encountered an error while trying to contact the Windows Active Directory. The Error was:
    - Failed to contact the Schema Master Server for the Active Directory Forest.
    - You must be logged on to a Windows Domain instead of the Local Machine.

The only option is OK.

Friday, March 25, 2011 11:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

From the error report, “ Failed to contact the Schema Master Server”. I suggest you runing this command.

Dcdiag /test:knowsofroleholders /v

If the Schema Master record has lost, you need to seizes the role.

More information about Seize the Operations Master Role:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816779(WS.10).aspx
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, April 4, 2011 9:33 AM
    Monday, March 28, 2011 7:11 AM

All replies

• Are you logged on as a domain member?  Does the computer have a valid domain computer account?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Friday, March 25, 2011 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

From the error report, “ Failed to contact the Schema Master Server”. I suggest you runing this command.

Dcdiag /test:knowsofroleholders /v

If the Schema Master record has lost, you need to seizes the role.

More information about Seize the Operations Master Role:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc816779(WS.10).aspx
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, April 4, 2011 9:33 AM
    Monday, March 28, 2011 7:11 AM