App-V 4.6 - Apps got uninstalled automatically RRS feed

• Question

• We installed 1 new App-V application on Server 2008 R2 and 7 App-V applications got uni-installed automatically. 

Checked sftlog.txt , but no information which suggest how this could have happened.

Both applications are independent of each other

Thanks and Regards, Mohd Zaid www.techforcast.com

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:17 AM

All replies

• How do you deploy the applications? Stand-alone, App-V native infrastructure, SCCM?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:03 PM
  • I sequenced the applications using App-V, then installed the MSI output of App-V on the server.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:17 AM
  • What's in the event log on the machine? There's bound to be some Windows Installer events that indicate when the applications were uninstalled.

What version of App-V?

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:48 AM
  • App-V 4.6 SP2.

Logs are an issue. Reason:-

Here we are using Citrix XenApp6 infrastructure where after installing the App-V application we seal the image and clear all the logs. We realised this issue only after the deployment completed, their was no way to go back and check the logs. What all I have is sftlog..

And 1 important thing second time when I did the deployment it completed successfully without any issues..

Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:37 AM
  • hello,

Are the applications available on the new server?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, September 12, 2013 12:39 PM
  • Yes they are available on the new server.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:34 PM
  • Hello,

Well, without logs then - I guess that troubleshooting this will be an endless quest. Perhaps you can provide greater insight in what you have been looking at and what you have found so far?

Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:57 PM
  • As mentioned earlier what all I could find was SFTLOG.txt, and in that I found something relevant:-

Actually 7 applications got removed from App-V. When i checked sftlog.txt their was 1 day before log which talked about deletion of 7 application as below, but not clear which applications. Maybe if I can understand this log I may get some clear idea.

[08/27/2013 14:05:59:302 SWAP INF] {hap=7C:app=GaussServices 8.8.0.10:tid=166C:usr=abcdwxyz}
    Elapsed time for launch: 2.360 seconds

[08/27/2013 14:53:32:612 AMGR INF] {tid=1D0C}
    Delete application (hApp was 45)

[08/27/2013 14:53:32:628 AMGR INF] {tid=1D0C}
    Delete application (hApp was 46)

[08/27/2013 14:53:32:628 AMGR INF] {tid=1D0C}
    Delete application (hApp was 47)

[08/27/2013 14:53:32:643 AMGR INF] {tid=1D0C}
    Delete application (hApp was 48)

Delete application (hApp was 49)

Delete application (hApp was 50)

[08/27/2013 14:53:32:659 AMGR INF] {tid=1D0C}
    Delete application (hApp was 51)

[08/27/2013 15:19:02:941 SWAP INF] {hap=7D:app=iNews Granada 3.5.3.3:tid=174C:usr=abcdwxyz}
    Elapsed time for upload: 0.172 seconds

Friday, September 13, 2013 6:04 AM
  • Hello,

Well, which  applications do you have in your environment?

Does the user / computer have permissions to them? Are they allowed to start on the OS you are testing on?

Friday, September 13, 2013 7:00 AM
  • It's Business application.

Yes Users as in support team have the access to the servers.

Is their any way we can find what it means by hApp, maybe i can track if somebody deleted it.

Delete application (hApp was 49)

Friday, September 13, 2013 7:12 AM
  • Hello,

The reason for deleting an application has nothing todo with "someone" deleteing it.

If the application is disabled, revoked from the user or something similar - that may happen.

Friday, September 13, 2013 7:59 AM
  • But what does hApp Means, I mean which application it is referring to out of all the aplications in App-V?

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:26 AM
  • Hello,

Most likely its just referring to a component within the App-V Client. If you want to know what it means, you can raise a support ticket with Microsoft

Friday, September 13, 2013 11:48 AM
  • The only scenarios in which this would happen would be:

1.) Application got manually removed (SFTMIME or MSI)

2.) You enabled virtual advertisements on an SCCM site server and deployed an application via SCCM.

3.) You uninstalled the App-V Client and then reinstalled the App-V Client.

4.) DC Refresh against a server after entitlements to an application were removed for a user.

Steve Thomas, Senior Consultant, Microsoft

App-V/MED-V/SCVMM/Server App-V/MDOP/AppCompat

http://blogs.technet.com/gladiatormsft/
    The App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
    The MED-V Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv
    The SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm/

“This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all risks.”

Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:03 PM