shut down problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Vista Home Basic on a Dell Inspiron 1525. I also use Buetooth connection IVT. When I shut down the Dell it always stops in the process with "The following programs are still running

Bluetooth

This program is preventing your computer from shutting down ..... Shutdown / Cancel

This is something that has recently started. I don't know what caused it or how to get rid of it.

Any help?

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:58 PM

Answers

•  i think you should update your bluetooth drivers from your PC manufcturer

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 22, 2010 8:40 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Thursday, November 25, 2010 2:32 AM
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 12:01 AM
  • Hi,

First, please ensure the chipset (motherboard) driver is up-to-date.

·         After that, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot your issue:

1. Try uninstalling any
    Bluetooth software in "Programs and Features"(Click on Start, Control Panel -> Programs and Features).

2. Next check Device Manager and uninstall the Bluetooth devices there too.

3. Reboot and see what happens. The "Found Hardware Wizard" should reinstall the Bluetooth devices, hopefully fixing your problem.

You may also visit your Bluetooth devices manufacturers’ websites and download the driver software and install them. Check if that helps you.

More information:

Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth enabled devices

Set up a Bluetooth enabled device

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 22, 2010 8:40 AM

All replies

•  i think you should update your bluetooth drivers from your PC manufcturer

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, November 22, 2010 8:40 AM
    Saturday, November 20, 2010 12:01 AM
  • Hi,

First, please ensure the chipset (motherboard) driver is up-to-date.

·         After that, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot your issue:

1. Try uninstalling any
    Bluetooth software in "Programs and Features"(Click on Start, Control Panel -> Programs and Features).

2. Next check Device Manager and uninstall the Bluetooth devices there too.

3. Reboot and see what happens. The "Found Hardware Wizard" should reinstall the Bluetooth devices, hopefully fixing your problem.

You may also visit your Bluetooth devices manufacturers’ websites and download the driver software and install them. Check if that helps you.

More information:

Troubleshoot problems with Bluetooth enabled devices

Set up a Bluetooth enabled device

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, November 22, 2010 8:40 AM