Develope a non existing Language Pack (Persian Language Pack) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    As you know Microsoft have Language Pack files for all world languages excepted Persian (Farsi) language.
    I justify to MS because of Iran but some of Persian developers and companies that works in other countries have some problem in running Persian Portals or ... with MS WSS or MS MOSS.
    So I decided to Start a solution for this problem.

we have 2 problem in Persian :
    1) create a language pack
    2)adding a Jalali Calendar to sharepoint supported calendars (it`s different from Arabic Hijri Calendar too)

I found out that  there is some .resx files in folder 12 and wwwroot folder too that we can translate them too Persian but I know there is some other configuration and changes to adding a language to sharepoint.

About Calendar unfortunately I don`t have any Idea yet.

Please somebody that know Sharepoint products and have a deep understanding about sharepoint product`s structure helps me to develope a non existing Language Pack and Introduce me the steps.

I connect to my MS Middle East agents too but the give me no answer, I know the only way is developing this language pack myself.(of course with your help)

I appreciate all of you that guide me in this project. many people around the world need this language pack freely.

• Edited by Shaman! Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:40 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• The only thing that I need is the roadmap.
    • Edited by Shaman! Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:39 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:39 PM
  •  

Hello,

I’ve gotten some links about Persia Language pack on sharepoint, hope they can be helpful.

Farsi language pack for SharePoint 2007:

http://www.sharepointblogs.com/farvashan/archive/2006/09/30/farsi-language-pack-for-sharepoint-2007.aspx

Deploy language packs (Office SharePoint Server):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262108.aspx

Persian Language Pack:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointgeneral/thread/b5d22a6d-3940-41ab-a69b-643e131c24b5

Regards,

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:31 AM
  • Dear Xing-Bing Yu,
    many thanks for your replay, I visited a lot of links about Persian Language pack around the WWW
    but unfortunately there is no technical knowledge to share in none of them.
    Because MS provided the LP for all other languages,  nobody has a similar problem or related experience.

I know why Microsoft do not make a Persian language pack for WSS or MOSS but at least it can tell us how to develop it.
    There are more than 120 million people around the world speaking Persian . This a lot more than some languages that Microsoft released LP for them.

I read many articles, ebooks and ... about Sharepoint but as I mentioned there is no similar problem to other languages and therefore no solution too.

please somebody help us to develop it for free, because now this LP developed by some Iranian companies but with minimum Price : 2000$ (only for 10 Users) and more money for more users.

Notice : I translated all .resx files to Persian previously but I don`t know how to packed them as a language pack.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:22 PM
  • I created a Language Pack for Farsi, and it's Free for Download, you just need to participate on a survey, this is an study about market demand for SharePoint and Persian Language. to find download link go here :

Persian Language Pack for SharePoint 2007 Free Download

Also if you are interested to join our community of Persian SharePoint Bloggers and User Group this is the link :

http://www.sharepointsolutions.ir/blogs/home/default.aspx

Persian SharePoint User Group and Bloggers

Neo Farvashan
    • Proposed as answer by Neo Farvashan Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:34 PM
    Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:20 PM
  • mad4programming and shaman ,

Developing Persian language pack for Sharepoint needs more informations and you can't find anything about that!
    as you know, unfortunately Microsoft don't support Persian language pack for Sharepoint and i'll hope that Microsoft support
    Persian in next version of Sharepoint(2010) .
    however, i started up "Persian SharePoint Community" for helping Persian language users in SharePoint products and technologies.
    I suggest you to share and propound your questions in our community forums and we have some expertise users that they can help you.

Persian SharePoint Community
    Persian SharePoint Forums
    Persian SharePoint Blogs

regards,
    Arash Aghajani

Monday, April 20, 2009 5:48 PM
  • Hi Farvashan
    i need Swahili(Tanzania local language) Language Pack for sharepoint.
    pls help me.
    Thanks&Regards
    sweeety
    Thursday, October 8, 2009 10:20 AM