Subfolders Closing Automatically - Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We use MS Office 2013 at work.  I've made no updates to my Outlook instance in quite a while, however about 6 weeks ago my sub-folders started closing automatically.  It is random - I could be viewing my inbox (or another subfolder) or moving emails from the inbox to a sub-folders and anything I have "expanded" all collapse and I'm back in the inbox view only. I've adjusted the setting to "display all" - but nothing seems to work and my admin has no idea.  Suggestions?
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>about 6 weeks ago my sub-folders started closing automatically.

Have you made any changes to Office or Windows before this issue occurs?

In case there is a corrupted view setting, please try resetting it via View > Reset View.

Besides, we could check the Expand/Collapse setting via View > View Settings > Group By. Set it to All expanded to see the result.

We can also try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. This helps eliminate whether the problem lies on any third party add-ins.

What’s more, according to my research, it is reported by many users that we could drag your Inbox folder below Outbox. And then drag it back to the top of your mailbox. Please check if this is helpful to you.

Any updates, please post back at ease.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Saturday, April 28, 2018 4:14 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:47 AM
  • Hi JodyL0127,

Any updates with this issue?

Just to check whether my reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates?

If the information above is helpful to you, would you mind mark it as answer so that it will benefit other members in this forum and this case could be closed?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Saturday, April 28, 2018 4:16 AM
    Saturday, April 28, 2018 4:15 AM
  • Hi Jody,

Any updates with this issue?

If you have found the solution, would you mind sharing it here so that it will benefit other users a lot?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:31 AM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:30 AM