connecting to VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I have problem with connecting to VPN with RASClient. When i disconnected VPN and i want to connect again i got error "CoId={4D5B5BA8-6E42-41E2-8220-2901470A4329}: The user SYSTEM dialed a connection named VPN which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 633." (eventID 20227 source RasClient).

I must reboot ntb and then connection is functionally again. I use PPTP WAN miniport.

Martin Hubka nework admin

Monday, October 13, 2014 11:17 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Martin Hubka,

Error 633 is a network connectivity problem.

Error 633 (ERROR_PORT_NOT_AVAILABLE)

Message: The port is already in use or is not configured for Remote Access dial out.

In the case of a dial-up or broadband connection, the modem might be in use or a dial-up or broadband connection might already be established. To see if there is an active connection on the modem, check the dial-up connections in Network Connections. If there is an active connection already present on the dial-up/broadband modem, Internet connectivity might already be available. Try to access resources on the remote network.

In the case of a VPN connection, the user might be trying to set up a VPN connection on top of another VPN connection. To see if there is an active connection, check the VPN connections in Network Connections. Disconnect the existing VPN connection and try again. From Network Connections, right-click the RAS connection, and then click Disconnect.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:40 AM
  • thaks for answer ...

i try what you wrote many times but without success. I know that error 633 is problem with network (Google told me answer :) ) but i cannot find any answer how repair it. I tried it some days and then i wrote here.

in this time im back in Windows 8.1 and here i have not problem with VPN, im in the same network and the same ISP.

Martin Hubka nework admin

Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:48 AM
  • Hi hubka,

I have filed this issue to the product group as this has been reported on the forums. Please check out https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/b747fe9d-d3a9-42e1-b37b-9f17eb0bbca9/error-663-connecting-to-vpn?forum=WinPreview2014General which goes into detail regarding the issue and temporary workarounds to get around the issue.

If anything changes, I will update the above parent thread with any updates.

Regards,

Adam Rudell | Sr Support Engineer | Windows Beta | Microsoft Corporation

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:15 PM