Update AD user properties via SCSM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

which is the feasible method in scsm to update a user property in the AD based on the SCSM user form. I imagine something like a task button on the right side in the user form and if its clicked, then certain values were written to the AD.

But when I try to create a task that triggers a script to update infomation, there is no category that make the task visible under user folder. And when I make it visible under CI-Folder in genereal I run into the problem that it does not substitute the parameter. Only if I open the user-form and run the task, then the substitution is working, as you can see in the following picures:

• Edited by Zero3000 Friday, November 30, 2018 4:47 PM
    Friday, November 30, 2018 3:22 PM

Answers

• the Connectors in SCSM are not bi-directional

If you want to get this to work you need to use something like Orchestrator which can use a runbook that can detect changes on the AD User Configuration Items and compare within AD and then update it that way

A task button could work but would depend on how your script is configured to do this, i would say an Orchestrator Runbook would be the easiest way to do it as Orchestrator is seen as the leverage to create additional custom connectors for SCOM/SCSM

• Edited by Dwalsham Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:20 AM change words
    • Proposed as answer by Stefan HorzMVP Thursday, December 6, 2018 1:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Zero3000 Monday, January 7, 2019 4:17 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:19 AM

All replies

• Hi
    Just so i understand are you looking to update an object in AD from SCSM? So when you update it in SCSM it will then pass it back into AD?
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018 1:06 PM
  • Hi
    Just so i understand are you looking to update an object in AD from SCSM? So when you update it in SCSM it will then pass it back into AD?

Yes?
    Wednesday, December 5, 2018 6:29 PM
  • the Connectors in SCSM are not bi-directional

If you want to get this to work you need to use something like Orchestrator which can use a runbook that can detect changes on the AD User Configuration Items and compare within AD and then update it that way

A task button could work but would depend on how your script is configured to do this, i would say an Orchestrator Runbook would be the easiest way to do it as Orchestrator is seen as the leverage to create additional custom connectors for SCOM/SCSM

• Edited by Dwalsham Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:20 AM change words
    • Proposed as answer by Stefan HorzMVP Thursday, December 6, 2018 1:02 PM
    • Marked as answer by Zero3000 Monday, January 7, 2019 4:17 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 9:19 AM