CAN'T START SECURITY CENTER FOR VISTA HOME BASIC RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2, 32-bit operating system.
    My Security Centre is turned off and when I try to turn it on, I get a message that says "the Security Centre can't be started".
    I have gone through Services.msc but the Security Centre folder is not available. I can see the folder called Security Account Manager.

Please tell me what to do.

Saturday, May 4, 2013 7:37 PM

All replies

• Get the Wscsvc_Vista_32 reg files at

Find Regedit in c:\windows, right click and choose Run As Administrator, then File menu, then Import, and import the reg file.

To configure and start Security Centre.

Then Click Start - All Programs - Accessories - Right click Command Prompt and choose Run As Administrator. Type (or copy the below lines and one blank line underneath and right click in the command prompt window and choose Paste). This will start the dependent services in the correct order. Then turn it on once started.

If you get an error message you can copy it by right clicking the window, choosing Mark, selecting the text, and press enter.

sc start DCOMLaunch
    sc start RpcSs
    sc config Winmgmt start= auto
    sc start Winmgmt
    sc config Wscsvc start= auto
    sc start wscsvc

--
    --
    "fouzifouz" wrote in message news:2d3dce87-4193-4fe7-921e-6fdfacf29cb8...

I have a Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2, 32-bit operating system.
    My Security Centre is turned off and when I try to turn it on, I get a message that says "the Security Centre can't be started".
    I have gone through Services.msc but the Security Centre folder is not available. I can see the folder called Security Account Manager.

Please tell me what to do.

David Candy
    Monday, May 6, 2013 10:05 AM