none
Delete a task with a real cost in Project Pro 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am testing Project 2016. A user report that she is able de to delete a task which contain a real (some hours were completed and approved). Normally this is could not happen! Therefore, in project 2007, when I try this issue, I receive a message: "Impossible de supprimer ou de reaffecter des tâches ou des affectations associées à des chiffres réels protégés... Cette tâche/affectation est associée à des chiffres reels et ne peut donc pas être supprimée /réaffectée."  

which means: "Impossible to delete or re-assign tasks or assignments associated with real / protected costs... This task/assignment is associate to reals and can't be deleted or re-assigned"

Anyone has an idea ?

"Why Project 2016 allows tasks with real cost to be deleted? Is there something in Project 2016 I missed or I have to configure ?"

Thank you for your help

Friday, August 5, 2016 1:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Albert:

Assuming that we're talking about Project Server with Project Professional, then using the Task Settings and Display option to "Protect Actual Work" will cause this behavior. Absent this setting on the server, users will be able to do what they want.

I should add that if you are using timesheets, regardless of what the PMs do to screw up their plans, the actual work will be preserved in the timesheets.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 12:50 PM
  • Hello Gary,

Thank you for your answer,

To complete your credit and apply what you say, from administrator point of view, a simple setup in PWA can be done to avoid deleting a task containing a real.

Project web App > Server Settings > Tasks Settings and Display/

Sunday, September 18, 2016 3:41 PM