CPUUsagePercentDataSource.ps1 script timing out from Microsoft.SQLServer.2008.Monitoring management pack RRS feed

• Question

• Getting the following error from the CPUUsagePercent2008DataSource.ps1 script.

Forced to terminate the following PowerShell script because it ran past the configured timeout 200 seconds.

Script Name: CPUUsagePercent2008DataSource.ps1

One or more workflows were affected by this.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SQLServer.2008.DBEngine.ThreadCountMonitor

Instance name: SQL04

Instance ID: {2D0CD689-A50C-D19D-91E9-B53AE93545CA}

Management group: SCOM_AGPWS

Managed to locate the script inside the Microsoft.SQLServer.2008.Monitoring management pack. Unfortunately I found out that the script requires the following input paramaters.

param($computerName, $SQL_WMI_NAMESPACE, $serviceName, $sqlInstanceName, $connectionString, $tcpPort, $instanceId)

I have managed to deduce some of the parameters such as $computerName, $sqlInstanceName and $instanceId by looking through the logs on the machine. At this stage I haven't figured out $SQL_WMI_NAMESPACE, $tcpPort, $connectionString and $serviceName I was hoping to run the script stand alone to figure out why it was timing out. Is there anyway that you can deduce what these input parameters my be? Have don a through seach of all the windows logs.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:34 PM

Answers

• Not sure what the issue really was but I just updated the installed management packs to the latest version and whatever the problem was it was solved
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, February 9, 2016 1:50 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

This issue may happen when you use local system as runas account for SQL MP.

Have you configured Run as account for your SQL management pack?

If not, please follow the article below to configure runas account  for SQL MP:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2010/09/08/configuring-run-as-accounts-and-profiles-in-r2-a-sql-management-pack-example.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Yan Li_ Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:12 AM edit
    • Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, February 9, 2016 1:50 AM
    Thursday, January 21, 2016 7:12 AM
  • Not sure what the issue really was but I just updated the installed management packs to the latest version and whatever the problem was it was solved
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Tuesday, February 9, 2016 1:50 AM
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:02 AM