Sharepoint 2007 Chrome type setting RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to change the Chrome type setting for a web part from 'none' to 'default' or 'title and border' but once I exit out of the web part settings and go back into the settings it shows that the Chrome type is still set to none.
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Monday, May 9, 2011 5:16 PM not a general question - admin ? (or customization ?) (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Monday, May 9, 2011 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi earthnback,

The default List Web Part is not allowed us to change the Chrome Type, but we can copy this default web part and paste it in the same page in SharePoint Designer. And the duplicate list web part is allowed us to change its Chrome Type. Then hide the default list web part.

Please note:

1.       Make sure the duplicate list web part is added inside a new web part zone.

2.       The duplicate list web part would be named Team Discussion (2) by default, so we can change the title of the default list web part to another name (Team Discussion3 for example), and then the title of the duplicate list web part will display as Team Discussion.

3.       We can also delete the original list web part and add the list web part again in SharePoint Designer.  But the View choice option will get lost if list web part been added this way. So we prefer to choose to copy list web part instead.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by David HM Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:20 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:50 AM
  • Hi ardys91,

Yes, in this way, after you select the type of Chrome Type to Default, Title and Border or Title Only, it will find a arrowhead in the top right corner of that web part. Then you can click on it to modify the web part.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For which web part you are facing this issue ?

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
    Monday, May 9, 2011 3:51 PM
  • Its a list for team discussions if I understand what your asking.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 4:11 PM
  • Hi earthnback,

The default List Web Part is not allowed us to change the Chrome Type, but we can copy this default web part and paste it in the same page in SharePoint Designer. And the duplicate list web part is allowed us to change its Chrome Type. Then hide the default list web part.

Please note:

1.       Make sure the duplicate list web part is added inside a new web part zone.

2.       The duplicate list web part would be named Team Discussion (2) by default, so we can change the title of the default list web part to another name (Team Discussion3 for example), and then the title of the duplicate list web part will display as Team Discussion.

3.       We can also delete the original list web part and add the list web part again in SharePoint Designer.  But the View choice option will get lost if list web part been added this way. So we prefer to choose to copy list web part instead.

Best regards,
    Emir

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:50 AM
  • Emir,

Excellent, that was it. So, I'm guessing that its best to create my own custom web parts and not use the defaults considering I want to have the option of editing the web parts right from the browser?

Thankyou,

earthnback

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:09 PM
  • Hi ardys91,

Yes, in this way, after you select the type of Chrome Type to Default, Title and Border or Title Only, it will find a arrowhead in the top right corner of that web part. Then you can click on it to modify the web part.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:04 PM