Language of Modern Apps changed after Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

after deploying a Windows 8.1 Pro Image with MDT 2013 all the in-built apps have their language changed for all users. Before i do a Capture and Sysprep Task Sequence i can see that all the apps are in the "native" language (german) but when i take the captured .WIM and do a standard deployment task sequence with it, the language of all the apps change to english - and i haven't find a way to revert this yet.

so how can i prevent this language change that happens during deployment or how can i revert it afterwards? the other regional settings are fine and are correctly set as specified in the deployment properties - it's only the modern apps that are wrong...

thanks!

Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

same Problem for me. Do you have found a solution meanwhile!

Marcel

Monday, December 9, 2013 8:23 PM
  • Things to investigate:

Check your sysprep unattend.xml file to ensure there are no en-us locale settings there causing the issue.

Also, during installation, while in WinPE, break out into the cmd.exe prompt, and check the c:\minint\unattend.xml file, ensure that all locale settings are correct. While in WINPE, if you press the F8 button, MDT will not reboot until the user manually closes the cmd.exe window.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Monday, December 9, 2013 11:50 PM