none
After R2 SP1 installation: Object Replication manager has errors

Question

• I installed Service Pack 1 on the existing SCCM 2012 R2 infrastructure. Everything works fine, except the SMS_OBJECT_REPLICATION_MANAGER component.

The error logged in the component is the following: ---snip---

Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 547, severity 16: [23000][547][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "CI_CurrentRuleDetail_CIID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "CM_S01", table "dbo.CI_CurrentRuleDetail", column 'Setting_

---end snip---

In the objreplmgr.log, the following error appears: ---snip---

*** [23000][547][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "CI_CurrentRuleDetail_CIID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "CM_S01", table "dbo.CI_CurrentRuleDetail", column 'Setting_CI_ID'.
    Failed to delete Deployment Type ScopeId_84DB12BB-F26C-4A01-B129-470AF549FE72/DeploymentType_916a265f-b478-4b2c-a538-8c0abd8e1716/3

---end snip---

I checked for the DeploymentType ID and found two applications with the following command:

Get-CMApplication | where{$_.SDMPackageXML -like "*916a265f-b478-4b2c-a538-8c0abd8e1716*"} | fl localizeddisplayname

One application hold the actual deployment type, the other application had this one configured as a depency.

I was able to delete the application with the specific deploymenttype ID, but the error still appears. Can someone help me out, or Point me in the right direction to solve the Problem? Thanks

www.sccmfaq.ch

Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:49 PM

Answers

• If you look at the objreplmgr.log log you'll notice before your snip it'll state something along the lines of:

delete vCI_ConfigurationItems where CI_ID=16887111

*** [23000][547][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "CI_CurrentRuleDetail_CIID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "CM_LAB", table "dbo.CI_CurrentRuleDetail", column 'Setting_CI_ID'.

Running the "delete vCI_ConfigurationItems where CI_ID=16887111" in SQL management studio will result in the error you see below and will inform you that it cannot run because of a constraint on the CI_CurrentRuleDetail table.

To resolve, run the following delete command against the CI_CurrentRuleDetail table in which the CI_ID is the same as the one in your objreplmgr.log:

delete from dbo.CI_CurrentRuleDetail where Setting_CI_ID = '16887111'

The next time object replication manager processes changes (every 30 minutes) this error should clear out and the delete against vCI_ConfigurationItems will run successfully.

I recommend thou that you perform a database backup and open a case with Microsoft before executing these commands.

Friday, May 22, 2015 8:49 PM

All replies

• If you look at the objreplmgr.log log you'll notice before your snip it'll state something along the lines of:

delete vCI_ConfigurationItems where CI_ID=16887111

*** [23000][547][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "CI_CurrentRuleDetail_CIID_FK". The conflict occurred in database "CM_LAB", table "dbo.CI_CurrentRuleDetail", column 'Setting_CI_ID'.

Running the "delete vCI_ConfigurationItems where CI_ID=16887111" in SQL management studio will result in the error you see below and will inform you that it cannot run because of a constraint on the CI_CurrentRuleDetail table.

To resolve, run the following delete command against the CI_CurrentRuleDetail table in which the CI_ID is the same as the one in your objreplmgr.log:

delete from dbo.CI_CurrentRuleDetail where Setting_CI_ID = '16887111'

The next time object replication manager processes changes (every 30 minutes) this error should clear out and the delete against vCI_ConfigurationItems will run successfully.

I recommend thou that you perform a database backup and open a case with Microsoft before executing these commands.

Friday, May 22, 2015 8:49 PM
  • Hi Joseph,

thanks a lot for your help. That did exactly solve the Problem! I restarted the object replication component through the CM Service Manager, thus i did not Need to wait 30 minutes.

Thanks again for your time

www.sccmfaq.ch

Sunday, May 24, 2015 9:56 AM
  • I have the same error after upgrading SCCM 2012 SP1 to 2012 SP2 (Non R2).

Where do I run Get-CMApplication?

Is there someone who can confirm that the best course of action is to backup my database and run the following delete command against the CI_CurrentRuleDetail table for my corresponding CL_ID?

Thanks,

-Scott

Scott M. Phoenix, AZ

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 10:02 AM
  • Hi,

We're seeing the same here for multiple different ID's Could we have a Service Pack bug?

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 10:59 AM
  • Hi Scott,

you can open the powershell within the sccm console, then all the modules are already loaded:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2013/03/27/powershell-connecting-to-configuration-manager.aspx

www.sccmfaq.ch

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 11:01 AM
  • Thank you!

I was able to remediate the Critical status of the Object Replication Manager service by following John Kasters post.

Have a great day!

Scott M. Phoenix, AZ

• Proposed as answer by Kenny. Mo Friday, May 29, 2015 8:28 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Kenny. Mo Friday, May 29, 2015 8:28 PM
    Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:58 PM
  • I also see this issue after upgrading to R2 SP1. I logged a call with MS and they informed me they will be producing a fix, but Josephs post resolves the issue.
    Friday, June 05, 2015 2:27 PM
  • I also had the same issue after R2 SP1 Upgrade - Josephs solution fixed it.

Thanks Joseph :-)

Thursday, June 11, 2015 6:48 AM
  • Joseph, thank you, for you detailed information about that problem.

Can you tell me a little bit behind the scenes?
    What's the reason, this problem occurs? What is this in detail, objreplmgr want's to delete?
    Why is it necessary to delete after SP1 upgrade? I am not sure, if modifing the database is the right way.

Thanks for your feedback
    best regards
    Marius

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 7:05 AM
  • I also have the exact same issue here since last night, without touching the corresponding package at all.

As a lucky coincidence, there´s a new version available for the affected package. So I built a new one alongside the old one and used the Supersedence feature on the new package to upgrade the Software on all my systems. The interesting thing here is that the error for the old package went away too. It seems that creating the new package and superseding the old one modified enough in the database to fix  the issue without the need to run manual queries on the table.

I´m also interested in a fix, because it seems it can come up anytime without even altering the affected package within the ConfigMgr Console.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:36 AM
  • I have tried doing this, waiting the half hour and letting it run and the error comes back but with a different application. Does anyone know if MS has a hotfix for this yet?
    Thursday, July 02, 2015 5:54 AM
  • You will never see a hotfix from Microsoft if that problem is not reported to Microsoft support (CSS). So the more people open a call the higher the chance on getting an official fix (or kb article).

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Thursday, July 02, 2015 6:00 AM
  • Thanks, I will log a job now. See what they come back with.
    • Edited by Tregelen Thursday, July 09, 2015 2:55 AM
    Thursday, July 09, 2015 12:51 AM
  • I just received the following from MS, looks like the above work around is it until CU1 is released.

---

Thanks for the provided files.

It helped a lot to identify the issue and context. This issue has been identified as a product issue, and the product team is working in the backend and consider a fix in vNext SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU1. I will let you know if there’s any further update on this.

Here’s the things happening backend:

Currently, when any CI delete triggered, it will delete the things in CI_ConfigurationItemRelations, CI_SettingReferences, CI_CurrentErrorDetails, vCI_ConfigurationItems, but it’s not delete from CI_CurrentRuleDetail, thus, the object replication manager reported such errors in the log.

Workarounds

Considering the issue is still happening on your side, before the hotfix is available, you can consider the methods below:

• use the delete to delete those invalid items from ci_currentruledetails tables, and please backup the database before the query.
    • Break the constraits on CI_CurrentRuleDetails by deleting the foreign key of CI_CurrentRuleDetails table :

Thursday, July 09, 2015 10:37 PM
  • Noticed this issue just today after upgrading last night.

Thanks to Joseph Kaster for the solution and Tregelen (with MS support) for the explanation!

Monday, July 27, 2015 6:28 AM
  • I had this issue too after the R2 SP1 upgrade. We opened a case to with MS, and just ran delete from dbo.CI_CurrentRuleDetail where Setting_CI_ID = 'xyzagainst the SQL database. The engineer said this is registered as a known issue but not registered as an official bug, so we were unable to non-deck the case and have it comped. However the engineer did say to me as well that it should be fixed in CU1.

-Tony

Monday, July 27, 2015 8:12 PM
  • This fix worked for me as well.  I had 6 items I needed to delete before it cleared up.  I restarted the component each time.

Thanks,

Jason

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:41 PM
  • Tuesday, August 04, 2015 4:36 PM
  • Yep! CU1 just released. -Tony
    Tuesday, August 04, 2015 7:19 PM
  • Thanks Joseph, although in my case there were several references that needed to be removed.

<p>MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 6, MCITP x 3</p> <p>Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!</p> <p>If you like trance music, please subscribe to my podcast <a href="http://feeds.feedburner.com/trancendanceuk"> Trancendance Podcast</a></p> <p><a href="https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/trancendance/profile">View my MCP Certifications</a></p> <p><a href="http://www.twitter.com/brianjonesdj">Follow me on Twitter</p> </a>

Thursday, August 06, 2015 11:15 AM