Mobile Outlook Feature Change Necessity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

I would like to demand a change, but politely :P.

I am very glad to see we can finally sync contacts with Outlook, where with Samsung Email we could do that for a very long time. Samsung email also has a feature that let's you go to Contacts and simply search for a contact through your companies directory, if you have that contact, they show up on top, if you don't, a contact and server name pops up below a nice divider.

(say you type in John, John pops up on your phone already, so it's above the divider. Another John with a different last name pops up below the divider, with a server name.)

This is exactly how searching a directory is in Outlook mobile..finally. 

BUUUUUT, it's not AUTOMATICALLY searched. 
    When I search for a contact, I want it to automatically search our servers directory...I mean duh right? Why wouldn't it?! Even if a company has 5k contacts, it's not like it'd take a ton of data to search through such simple data...

There is no reason this shouldn't be by default and it needs to search the whole directory by default.

Better still, if you could make searching contacts function exactly like it does when you are using Samsung Email, that would be incredible!

Thank you

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:02 PM

All replies

• Hi there, 

I would like to demand a change, but politely :P.

I am very glad to see we can finally sync contacts with Outlook, where with Samsung Email we could do that for a very long time. Samsung email also has a feature that let's you go to Contacts and simply search for a contact through your companies directory, if you have that contact, they show up on top, if you don't, a contact and server name pops up below a nice divider.

(say you type in John, John pops up on your phone already, so it's above the divider. Another John with a different last name pops up below the divider, with a server name.)

This is exactly how searching a directory is in Outlook mobile..finally. 

BUUUUUT, it's not AUTOMATICALLY searched. 
    When I search for a contact, I want it to automatically search our servers directory...I mean duh right? Why wouldn't it?! Even if a company has 5k contacts, it's not like it'd take a ton of data to search through such simple data...

There is no reason this shouldn't be by default and it needs to search the whole directory by default.

Better still, if you could make searching contacts function exactly like it does when you are using Samsung Email, that would be incredible!

Thank you

This is the wrong forum for this.

Post your suggestions here:

https://outlook.uservoice.com/

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:15 PM
  • Thank you sir!
    Wednesday, September 20, 2017 9:17 PM
  • Thanks Kyle for the feedback. Much appreciated!

I will also try to submit it to the relevant product group via our internal channel. Thank you for focusing on Microsoft product.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 21, 2017 6:11 AM