none
Bit-locker screwed my ssd drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every one!! I have a situation with my laptop, Asus eeebook. I'll explain the basics. My computer got updated to win10 pro after that, the hard drive got encrypted with bit-locker, at first i couldn't remember the bit-locker email to retrieve the code, i tried everything i could it didn't workout, then i figured out the email and i've got the code but then after putting in the code i got stuck to admin password after windows completely load, that it was automatically changed and i don't remember doing that.

Again i had another situation with the admin password, put my normal four code password the computed said i'll have to provide the new password and thats after i had past the bit-locker stage, so i said i'll just re-install win 10 using a flash stick, i tried but i couldn't, keep getting a message that it's not possible because of the bit-locker, my partition on the computer has been encrypted and now i can't even reach the point of admin password, i'm stuck at the UEFI mode, windows doesn't boot at all and i can run a repair with win10 install. please help me out, is my ssd drive messed up already or this situation can be fixed. I still have my bit-locker code. thanks in advance

Saturday, October 14, 2017 12:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The recovery key is the last way to unlock the drive, you need to use it to unlock BitLocker.

If you have forgotten the recovery key, you are not able to decrypt and access the drive, that is the sole purpose of BitLocker.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 16, 2017 2:20 AM