After applying custom master page, "Current View" drop down is no longer functional on Lists RRS feed

• Question

• The "Current View" drop down is not dropping down anymore when on the list library ribbon with a custom master page applied. Of course, it does work fine with v4.master. I would list all the custom master page changes however they are numerous. So I am looking to see if there are any ribbon experts that can give me things to at least look for. I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

• Changed type Clayton Cobb Monday, November 15, 2010 4:40 PM Always use the Question Type
    Monday, November 15, 2010 4:38 PM

Answers

• Found my problem so I thought I would update this in case any one else with custom masterpages encounters this. The missing control that adds that functionality is the SPNavigationManager.

Thanks again for the responses.

• Marked as answer by jjtoubia Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:29 PM

All replies

• its probably a javascript error. Enable javascript debugging and see what error pops up. It might be a quick fix like some missing js file reference
    Monday, November 15, 2010 6:01 PM
  • Hi,

The Ribbon control starts from div tag (<div id="s4-ribbonrow" class="s4-pr s4-ribbonrowhidetitle">). if you have modified/deleted any code inside tag <SharePoint:SPRibbon. Then you might face such problems.

I found out that instead of deleting/commenting controls, we can put them under <asp:Panel visible="false" runat="server">. This way they are available for SharePoint but are invisible.

Vighnesh Bendre
    http://markviky.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:38 AM
  • Thanks for the responses! I appreciate you guys taking the time.

@Todd

I have checked and rechecked for javascript errors and css issues as well. Javascript, no errors are thrown. All custom css references have been removed but same result.

@Vighnesh

I put unused controls inside of a hidden panel as well. However the SPRibbon control remains mostly unmodified. I even dropped the v4.master SPRibbon into the masterpage to make sure but same result.

My guess is that some control is supposed to output javascript that will bind to the click event of that Current View drop down but that control is missing from my masterpage.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 3:46 PM
  • Found my problem so I thought I would update this in case any one else with custom masterpages encounters this. The missing control that adds that functionality is the SPNavigationManager.

Thanks again for the responses.

• Marked as answer by jjtoubia Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:29 PM
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010 4:29 PM
  • Thanks jjtoubia.. In the v4 masterpage, there are three different SPNavigationManager controls. I made sure to include those in my custom masterpage and the problem is solved..
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:57 PM
  • Anyone that is interested, I found that if you add the following to the hidden section at the bottom of the master page the custom view drop down works:

<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ControlId="TreeViewAndDataSource">

</SharePoint:DelegateControl>

See here for more info: http://startermasterpages.codeplex.com/workitem/12052

Also, Randy has updated the starter master pages (OCT 2010) from when they were first built - see: http://startermasterpages.codeplex.com/.  If you are using ones from before then you might want to look at upgrading or atleast doing a comparison to your current ones.

• Proposed as answer by qsopht Monday, March 12, 2012 3:22 PM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:21 AM
  • Yes , thanks mrstrong , it works fine ...

<SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ControlId="TreeViewAndDataSource">

</SharePoint:DelegateControl>

• Edited by nit_tin Friday, October 23, 2015 12:12 PM
    Friday, October 23, 2015 12:11 PM