none
BHOLD FIMIntegration installation error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install FIMIntegration (5.0.1312.0) and I get an error "FimCustionmization.exe has stopped working".

Here is my configuration :
    Running under Windows Server 2008 R2
    SQL Server 2008 R2
    FIM Sync R2
    FIM Portal R2
    BHOLD Core
    BHOLD FIM Provisioning
    The 4 MAs are configured.

Service account : b1user belongs to BHOLDApplicationGroup and IISUsers and is set to log as a service.

Error Message from installer : There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package.
    A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.
    Contact your support personel or package vendor.

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
      Problem Signature 01: fimcustomization.exe
      Problem Signature 02: 5.0.1312.0
      Problem Signature 03: 4f99ee47
      Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
      Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
      Problem Signature 06: 4ef6c131
      Problem Signature 07: 4216
      Problem Signature 08: 51
      Problem Signature 09: ZJQTIDHEWKBDPKEKNTZBNVU0XSNEL1SN
      OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.274.10
      Locale ID: 1036

Error in Event Viewer :

Source : MsiInstaller
    EventID : 11722

Product: Microsoft BHOLD Suite - FIM Integration -- Error 1722.
    There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.
    A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
    Action FIMInitialsSettings, location: C:\Program Files (x86)\BHOLD\FIM\FIM Customization\, command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\BHOLD\FIM\FIM Customization\FimCustomization.exe" /apply "BHOLD-customization.xml" server MyComputer:5151

Does anyone has any ideas on how to resolve the problem?

Friday, November 9, 2012 4:26 PM

All replies

• Christophe,

I would look at 'search requests' in FIM portal. I just installed BHOLD in an environment and I noticed that when it was running this piece there >100 requests to FIM service to add new objects, attributes,e etc........Perhaps the requests log will show where this failed and narrow down where/what the problem is..................

Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:00 AM
  • Here is what I get when I try the command "C:\Program Files (x86)\BHOLD\FIM\FIM Customization\FimCustomization.exe" /apply "BHOLD-customization.xml" server MyComputer:5151 (after the installation failed) :

WebHost failed to process a request.
    Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment+HostingManager/18271112
    Exception: System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException: The service '/BHOLD/RoleExchangePoint/BHOLDRoleExchangePoint.svc' cannot be activated due to an exception during compilation.  The exception message is: Security settings for this service require Windows Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service.. ---> System.NotSupportedException: Security settings for this service require Windows Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service.
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelListener.ApplyHostedContext(VirtualPathExtension virtualPathExtension, Boolean isMetadataListener)
       at System.ServiceModel.Activation.VirtualPathExtension.ApplyHostedContext(TransportChannelListener listener, BindingContext context)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpTransportBindingElement.BuildChannelListener[TChannel](BindingContext context)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BindingContext.BuildInnerChannelListener[TChannel]()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.MessageEncodingBindingElement.InternalBuildChannelListener[TChannel](BindingContext context)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.TextMessageEncodingBindingElement.BuildChannelListener[TChannel](BindingContext context)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.BindingContext.BuildInnerChannelListener[TChannel]()
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.Binding.BuildChannelListener[TChannel](Uri listenUriBaseAddress, String listenUriRelativeAddress, ListenUriMode listenUriMode, BindingParameterCollection parameters)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.MaybeCreateListener(Boolean actuallyCreate, Type[] supportedChannels, Binding binding, BindingParameterCollection parameters, Uri listenUriBaseAddress, String listenUriRelativeAddress, ListenUriMode listenUriMode, ServiceThrottle throttle, IChannelListener& result, Boolean supportContextSession)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.BuildChannelListener(StuffPerListenUriInfo stuff, ServiceHostBase serviceHost, Uri listenUri, ListenUriMode listenUriMode, Boolean supportContextSession, IChannelListener& result)
       at System.ServiceModel.Description.DispatcherBuilder.InitializeServiceHost(ServiceDescription description, ServiceHostBase serviceHost)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.InitializeRuntime()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnBeginOpen()
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostBase.OnOpen(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.CommunicationObject.Open(TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.ActivateService(String normalizedVirtualPath)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath)
       at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath)
    Process Name: w3wp
    Process ID: 16264

Windows Authentication seems to be activated when I check in IIS Manager.

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:10 PM
  • Thanks for your answer.

I checked my request in FIM portal and there is no activity.

Monday, November 12, 2012 2:17 PM
  • Christophe,

The top of this stack is implying that the IIS web site for the BHOLD application is not set to Windows Authentication. I would verify that this is in fact set to Windows auth if it is not now.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:19 AM
  • I have enabled Windows Authentication manually after the install failed. I tried to run FIMCustomization.exe in a prompt and there was a problem with the provider so I had Negotiate as provider in Configuration Editor.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:19 PM
  • Thanks Glenn for your help.

Now I have another problem, when I run the command FimCustomization.exe /apply "BHOLD-customization.xml" server TMAIRSNDEVFIM:5151 I have the following error : system.servicemodel.security.securityaccessdeniedexception access is denied.

Do you know how to fix it?

I have change the identity in the Application Pool to use the Administrator account and it still doesn't work.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:11 AM
  • I had a similar problem due to the hard-coded value within the installer/setup, here is how I fixed.

-  BholdFIMIntegration 5.0.**_Release.exe installer copy FIM customization files to C:\Program Files (x86)\BHOLD\FIM\FIM Customization directory.

-  I discovered that the BHOLD web service endpoint address is actually hard-coded value as 'http://<servername>:5050/BHOLD/BHOLDRoleExchangePoint.svc' in FIMCustomization.exe.xml file.

- The correct endpoint address would be 'http://<servername>:5050/BHOLD/RoleExchangePoint/BHOLDRoleExchangePoint.svc'

- In order to fix the problem, I manually updated the file while set-up was running.

Christophe, I think the error you are getting something to do with the authentication I think. The FIM user you choose during the installation must be a FIM Admin (Add user to the Administrator set).

Also, to access the FIM portal, the following attributes must be set for the admin user.

#AccountName
        #Domain
        #ObjectSID

Try logging on to FIM portal as the user, if it works then you are ready to run the installer again.

Thanks

Aneesh

• Proposed as answer by A Varghese Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:45 AM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:42 AM
  • Thanks Aneesh for your help.

I found what was going wrong. The identity to connect the RoleExchangePoint service with FIM was not the good one. I changed the value in the web.config file.

Friday, November 16, 2012 3:53 PM
  • Hi Christophe,

I have found the same error. Is it the userPrincipalName that you are referring to?

Monday, November 26, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Hi,

I am also getting the same error mentioned first in this thread.

Product: Microsoft BHOLD Suite - FIM Integration -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action FIMInitialsSettings, location: D:\Program Files (x86)\BHOLD\FIM\FIM Customization\, command: "D:\Program Files (x86)\BHOLD\FIM\FIM Customization\FimCustomization.exe" /apply "BHOLD-customization.xml" server MyMachine:5151

But, I am not able to resolve the solution provided in this thread by Aneesh. Can anyone help me on this

Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:09 PM