none
ADMX files for Server 2016 SWEDISH

Question

• I have updated the ADMX and ADML files on our share.

I now get lots of errors when running Gpresult, and it hits me that there isn't any Swedish ADML files.

Problem is that I can't find any on MS site. I only find for Server 2016 Technical Preview 5.

Can someone point me in the right direction, or can I use the 2016 Technical Preview ADML files with the ADMX from the RTM2016.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 3:50 PM

All replies

• > I now get lots of errors when running Gpresult, and it hits me that there isn't any Swedish ADML files.

As a temporary workaround, you might simply copy the en-us ADML files.

> can I use the 2016 Technical Preview ADML files with the ADMX from the RTM2016.

Didn't test, but I really doubt that you can - usually, there are changes in each version that leads to errors because strings cannot be resolved.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 4:17 PM
  • When will Swedish GPO be available? Anyone know.
    Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Partially fixed this.

This is my workaround

I made a backup of our "PolicyDefinitions" then I downloaded a new set of ADMX/ADML files.

They actually released a version 2 just right before Xmas. So I downloaded that.

I ran the installer which basically just unpacks the PolicyDefinitions to you C:Program folder.

I then copied the files to our domain "doman.local\SYSVOL\domain.local\policy\PolicyDefinitions".

I gave it some time to propagate.

Last step I did was to make a copy of the ADML located in the "en-us" folder under c:. I then Pasted them in to the "se-sv" directory in the "doman.local\SYSVOL\domain.local\policy\PolicyDefinitions"

I can now run GPresult without any issues, I will probably have English instead of Swedish but that doesn't matter at all.

Although a complete set of Swedish ADML files would be nice.

Off topic.

Boy I am running in to lots of problems with Server 2016 that I don't do on earlier versions.

Faulty activation service,

end users can reboot servers <this takes the top spot.

GPO setting not working.

Missing GPO settings under the new controlpanel (setting)

And the list goes on.

Cheers

Lars

Friday, January 13, 2017 8:02 AM
  • > end users can reboot servers <this takes the top spot.

Then adjust security policies - "Shut down" is a privilege you can grant.

Friday, January 13, 2017 8:59 AM
  • > end users can reboot servers <this takes the top spot.

Then adjust security policies - "Shut down" is a privilege you can grant.

Well not in this case, Users can't reboot server. They are restricted through GPO all shut down options is disabled. This bug occurs due to the user being able to install updates on a server. I don't think its the actual user that reboots the server merely the user that accepts the Window Update to reboot. And since you can not restrict them in a normal fashion on Server 2016 this results in end user can reboot server. Yayy. A fix from MS would be in place.
    Friday, January 13, 2017 3:01 PM
  • > I don't think its the actual user that reboots the server merely the user that accepts the Window Update to reboot.

Got it - ok, that for sure is a bug...

Monday, January 16, 2017 11:06 AM