Conexant AC-Audio-Link Device RRS feed

• Question

•  

Keep on having problems with this device almost every other time when start my Pc hp/ compaq nx9010 this device is not active is happening so often that I go stright to the device manager and I update the drivers for this device wich sometimes works like tonight and some others I doesn't works cause the error message is the drivers install is the best, however coudn't finf the hardware for this device, went into Microsoft wesite and update so many drivers cause some devices works together or share imfo. at the end this lat top sound device start working again, however when I star the pc again the pc did not find the device sound, had to go all over the process again to update drivers and so on until works, can anybody ever tought about compatibility cause Conexant.com recomends MIcrosoft for updates on drivers however did not pass the test when updateting in windows vista, seems like a conflict of interes between Conexant and Microsoft not supporting pcs sold with this device system.

Luis Pedraza

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 6:45 AM

Answers

• Hello Luis,

As you know, Windows Vista performs many great changes from Windows XP. Due to these changes, some devices may not work correctly after upgrading the OS, unless the manufacturers provide upgraded drivers designed for Windows Vista.

I checked the problem described in your post. HP Compaq nx9010 Business Notebook has no compatibility information provided by Microsoft or its manufacturer. Therefore, some devices may not work correctly if running with Windows Vista.

Related information from Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility List:

http://winqual.microsoft.com/HCL/ProductDetails.aspx?m=v&g=s&cid=&sv=nx9010&f=&pn=hp%20compaq%20nx9010%20series&oid=31

You may contact the manufacturer for confirmation and further support.

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, November 1, 2007 10:24 AM