SharePoint 2007 Enterprise - AD Group not listed in People Picker in SharePoint Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys, 

I have a strange issue which I have not seen before. 

OK we have created to AD security groups and added some users in to them, these two groups are visible in sharepoint and are available for selection when you go in to people and groups of a site you can search for both groups and the people picker retrieves them. 

However when I create a document library and setup a workflow, if I want to use these two AD groups I don't see them listed under the list of users\ accounts in the designer people picker? 

If the groups are imported in to sharepoint which I can confirm and we can access the groups in sharepoint, how come they are not listed in the people picker for designer to? 

Has anyone seen this issue before? 

Thanks 

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that the AD groups are not listed in people picker in SharePoint designer. Based on my testing, the people and group listed in the people picker in SharePoint are users in user information list and the groups of the site. After you created the security group in AD, you need to grant the security permission on the site. Then ask one of the users inside the group to log into the site. In this way, the security group will be added to the user information list. You can see the group in SharePoint designer. The URL for the user information list is : http://servername/_catalogs/users/simple.aspx.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:08 AM

All replies

• Do you see them in SPD in the people picker if you try to add users to the site?

Jason Warren
    Infrastructure Architect

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:11 PM
  • Hi,

I understand that the AD groups are not listed in people picker in SharePoint designer. Based on my testing, the people and group listed in the people picker in SharePoint are users in user information list and the groups of the site. After you created the security group in AD, you need to grant the security permission on the site. Then ask one of the users inside the group to log into the site. In this way, the security group will be added to the user information list. You can see the group in SharePoint designer. The URL for the user information list is : http://servername/_catalogs/users/simple.aspx.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:08 AM