Every line starts with a capital letter. Help please. RRS feed

• Question

• I guess the title says it all.  In Word 2007, I can't figure out how to have only the first word of SENTENCES capitalized.  Right now, every LINE starts with a capital letter.  I have to go back and change each line's first letter.  Ptooohee.  This can't be that hard, but it is for me.
    • Moved by Jennifer Zhan Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:27 AM (From:Office Web Apps Setup and Deployment)
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 4:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Don't press 'enter' at the end of every line. It's a word processor. Word treats a new paragraph as a new sentence.

In Word 2007, click the Office button>Word Options>Proofing tab>AutoCorrect Options>AutoCorrect tab and remove the check next to Capitalize first letter of sentences. You can turn that off from autocorrect options.

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Monday, September 20, 2010 1:49 AM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Don't press 'enter' at the end of every line. It's a word processor. Word treats a new paragraph as a new sentence.

In Word 2007, click the Office button>Word Options>Proofing tab>AutoCorrect Options>AutoCorrect tab and remove the check next to Capitalize first letter of sentences. You can turn that off from autocorrect options.

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Monday, September 20, 2010 1:49 AM
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 3:31 AM
  • Hello Jennifer from 'cros the Pond.  I have spent hours trying to get rid of capitals at the start of every line.....it was driving me "NUTS".  Then I found your tip....it worked.

Thank you so much,

Happichap  (more than ever now!)

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 2:00 PM
  • For happier use of Word, see:

Basic Concepts of Microsoft Word - from Shauna Kelly

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 5:25 PM