lync voice call servics charge RRS feed

• Question

• Hello every body,

After learn about lync server 2010 , I still not understand yet with "how lync voice call charge ",

Example:

1. when i make a call from IP to IP (federation)

2. when i make a call from IP to phone

3. when i make a call from IP to IP (over sea)

4. when i make a call from IP to phone (over sea)

which site that lync charge coste from ?

• Moved by Cleber Marques MSFT Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:06 PM (From:Microsoft Operations Framework -- MOF 4.0)
    Saturday, June 23, 2012 4:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,Vamala,

Except the internet charges,there is no more cost when you have a peer-to-peer call which is also IP to IP call between 2 computers regardless the two computers are federation or over sea as long as they can establish connection directly.

However,if you call from IP to phone,the call will delivered through your voice gateway to PSTN and this will be some charges for the telephone service from your site,local,long-distance or international costs based on the callee.

Hope these can clarify your question.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Sharon.Shen Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by yamala Thursday, June 28, 2012 3:08 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,Vamala,

Except the internet charges,there is no more cost when you have a peer-to-peer call which is also IP to IP call between 2 computers regardless the two computers are federation or over sea as long as they can establish connection directly.

However,if you call from IP to phone,the call will delivered through your voice gateway to PSTN and this will be some charges for the telephone service from your site,local,long-distance or international costs based on the callee.

Hope these can clarify your question.

B/R

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

************************************************************************************************************************

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question.

• Edited by Sharon.Shen Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by yamala Thursday, June 28, 2012 3:08 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:43 AM
  • HI Sharon, following the above clarification, I just have one more query

I have setup a Lync meeting through O365 , but dial in using the toll free number using my ISDN line,will there be still any charge to the fone lines

Regards

Murthy

Saturday, November 12, 2016 2:28 AM