none
using MIMWAL to populate Owner and displayedOwner in portal RRS feed

• Question

• We need to update a bunch (30k) groups that don't have 'Owner' and 'DisplayedOwner' with a user that has Account name 'xxxx'.

I tried to follow the Github Wiki suggestion to use a variable then add the variable to the Group's owner.

When adding a xpath query to a variable , the MIM portal throws an error that the value expression is invalid.

Does any one have a working sample of this scenario?

Peter Geelen - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access) (user page)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, August 2, 2019 8:19 AM

All replies

• I found an example that injects a guid directly into the owner... But who wants to manipulate guid (aargh).

Peter Geelen - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access) (user page)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, August 2, 2019 8:24 AM
  • What's the example? I'm trying to accomplish the same thing right now. I want to do this without changing sync rules or sync precedence.

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 7:23 PM
  • Not sure where is the suggestion to use variable that Peter is alluding to, but I don't see how this is a much different task than the wiki example mentioned for Query Resources Wiki
    Wednesday, September 18, 2019 11:42 AM
    Owner