none
E-Mail Notifications from Alerts not displaying content?

Question

• Hello,

Starting Tuesday, November 2nd, the e-mail notifications our users receive from setting an alert on a library are coming across without the page content. The display is different for alerts set on forms/lists, but for Pages, we get nothing. Is anyone else experiencing this? I can't find any communication from Microsoft if this was part of some update.

I have a new account so I am unable to upload images at this time, but will upload as soon as possible. 

Any insight would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance. 

BEFORE

AFTER

• Edited by KortHuffman Tuesday, November 8, 2016 8:02 PM Adding images
    Thursday, November 3, 2016 12:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that the email notifications from Alert not display page content.

I have tested in my environment but no issue like yours happened.

I think it may caused by the page contents are too large, if this, I suggest you can display page links instead of page contents.

Best Regards,

Andy Wu 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, November 4, 2016 7:05 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm in the process of having my account verified so I can add images to show the change. We have lists that have more fields/content than the 'pages', but those are coming through fine. 

It was my understanding that we couldn't change the type of information/columns/fields that come through in e-mail notifications, when people set alerts on a library, since we're in the O365 online environment. Is that not the case?

Thank you,

Kortnie

Monday, November 7, 2016 5:16 PM
  • Hi,

My colleague also has your issue in his environment but now it is fixed.

How is yours?

Best Regards,

Andy Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 9:07 AM